Talk

Advanced search

Sidcot school

(4 Posts)
plop05 Mon 20-Jun-16 22:39:45

Hi , My son is starting at Sidcot in September Y7. I would love to hear some feedback on the school to ease my mind and to know where do people generally live when there children don't board. I have to look for a house quickly and want to narrow the search area. many thanks x

RequestInUse Mon 20-Jun-16 23:02:18

Not had a child there and a lot can change in 4.5yrs.

However, I volunteered there and did a bit in all age ranges. I was shocked to find some KS2 children did not know their alphabet despite very small numbered classes. But I guess some of that is due to the fact that if your child needs a TA it cost you more.

That said, most teachers and staff seemed good and nice, lessons were good, grounds are lovely, food was good but most importantly the (new-ish then) head seemed commited and lovely.

Shame the riding school has been closed down but I believe there is still something for students with horses.

Windscomb is the closest place to live. It is a nice village, expensive though and limited in amenities, a pub, co-op, few small Independant shops and take aways and beauty salon. A little further away is Banwell which would be cheaper to buy but has less in the way of amenities than Windscomb. Both have become a bit of a through road though and spoils the country village feel somewhat. Cheddar is also fairly close. And is like a larger, more well known Windscomb.

Hope DS enjoys the school.

plop05 Tue 21-Jun-16 18:00:53

hi and thanks very much for all your info with regards to school and the village. Going to look at a house in Winscomb on Friday.

RequestInUse Tue 21-Jun-16 18:03:43

Good luck and happy house hunting smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now