Talk

Advanced search

Grey Coat Hospital School

(7 Posts)
tocamalmu Sun 12-Jun-16 17:20:08

hello

Does anybody have an idea about the language aptitude test in Grey Coat Hospital School in Victoria?

Thank you

user1465930839 Tue 14-Jun-16 20:20:12

yes my daughter did this. the format of the test can be easy, and is quite enjoyable. you are a human looking to speak marshian, and using the codes the test provides, you must learn to speak it.
it is proper test conditions!
good luck!

tocamalmu Tue 14-Jun-16 20:57:30

Thank you so much. It's quite interesting. So it's a kind of non verbal reasoning? I'm not too familiar but if you need to find a code sounds very like it.
I think will have a go anyway.

Thank again

user1465930839 Wed 15-Jun-16 06:55:04

Yes it is a verbal reasoning. There are lots of jumbled up letters and you have to make sense of them and try and re-create them for other words. Maybe try the bond books? They worked quite well for us. Bond books with verbal reasoning would be a good practice for this test. Happy to help!

GregorSamsa Wed 15-Jun-16 08:40:49

The format seems to be unchanged since forever, they were doing the martian language thing back in 2005. I have my doubts as to how reliable the test is as a predictor of linguistic ability though - I know several girls who failed to get places through the language test who got strings of A* in language-based subjects at GCSE and A-level, including two who are now reading modern languages at Oxbridge.

So I think it's best viewed as a bit of a gamble rather than a sure-fire entry route for a linguistically-able child.

tocamalmu Tue 21-Jun-16 23:17:05

Thank you so much GregorSamsa.
I believe you are quite right but it is good to know what to except on a day like that.

tocamalmu Tue 21-Jun-16 23:19:50

Thank you user1465930839
I'm sorry I somehow missed the last two posts.
Will go and buy some. We did some of them ages ago and then kind of forgot about their existence :-(
Thank you to share.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now