Talk

Advanced search

ravensbourne V Harris beckenham academy

(4 Posts)
amarante Thu 09-Jun-16 10:54:30

Hi,
Hope someone can give me some reviews about this school? My son will be in year 9 ( when we move to Bromley and i wonder if Ravensbourne school as it is also much closer to us is a good school.
Does anyone have up to date info about this school? What about Harris Beckenham Academy? Any reviews/ comments about this one?
Any information would be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

amarante Thu 09-Jun-16 12:40:29

any one please?

Harryboy49 Sun 12-Jun-16 20:41:49

Hello.

My daughter has just finished at ravensbourne. She speaks very highly of it and finished her a levels with 2A's and an A*. The school is very much like a large family and the headteacher Mr Murphy is an absolute credit. Ravensbourne had a bad reputation around 6 years ago but it seems all the pupils there now are under the neweer rules of MR Murphy, who I think joined 10 years ago. He transformed the school.

The media, arts, and cooking facilities are amazing for a school of that size. As well as this they have great football pitches in conjunction with Charlton Academy. There are many sports teams too.

I would definitely recommened considering TRS and would ensure that your child will be in great care at the school.

Harryboy49 Sun 12-Jun-16 20:47:02

From my daughter she had advised Harris Beckenham is nowhere near at the standard TRS is. She says many pupils transferred to TRS for the sixth form and left Harris.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now