Talk

Advanced search

Induction day

(11 Posts)
3amEternal Tue 07-Jun-16 10:11:57

Just dropped DD off to her pre year 7 induction day. She seemed pretty carefree and went in without any angst, fingers crossed all goes well. They all look so big...
It's great that schools do this now, I remember being plonked into a giant school at start of term with no induction. Anyone else's child doing the same soon? I feel sad we're at the end of primary but also that they're ready now to move up.

Balletgirlmum Tue 07-Jun-16 10:13:36

Ds did it last year.

They tend to be later here as a lot of schools have exam week this week.

Dds school do them during the schools off timetable week.

3amEternal Tue 07-Jun-16 10:17:02

Thanks for replying. How did your DS get on?

TeenAndTween Tue 07-Jun-16 11:29:11

That seems quite early, are you in Scotland? Round here all the schools are busy with GCSEs right now.

DD1 did hers 6 years ago(!), DD2 has her 2 days in July.
It should be really good for calming the nerves - getting to know classmates and tutors, and getting a feel for the school.

Balletgirlmum Tue 07-Jun-16 11:35:39

For ds he had been visiting the site regularly anyway as the junior school share their sports facilities & borrow their hall/stage for performances.

notamummy10 Tue 07-Jun-16 11:37:08

I remember my secondary school induction day, i loved it! Shame the school was rather crap though!

CodyKing Tue 07-Jun-16 11:38:39

Ours do two move up days - sports days language and fun craft days plus music festival and science -

They get into mixed groups and then I to new forms - all good but adds to the pressure

Casbotsproudmum Tue 07-Jun-16 13:11:10

I know of a school in west London which have a WEEK induction! Always clashes with the last week in primary school as well so the kids miss the last week in their old class with the parties, trips etc that entails: seems a bit mean.

My DD had a morning induction when she was in year 6 last year: think that was enough, but then she read every school booklet and every bit of info on the school's website so was pretty prepared.

Teenandtween: I know of some London schools which have their inductions this week.

VoleSnuffle Tue 07-Jun-16 14:56:46

Our induction day is in July.

But our school also has an induction evening with half the class so the children have familiar faces on induction day. It was very helpful for Ds1 as only 1 other child from his primary went to the secondary.

3amEternal Tue 07-Jun-16 15:13:19

So it went really well. Came out chatting to other pupils and smiling. Whatta relief!

tiggytwig Tue 07-Jun-16 16:14:53

My DS has two days with the secondary, an Inclusion / Transisition day and then the next week he will have a Introduction day this month. Hopefully he will be okay as there is only one other child going to the same school. Just worried when he actually starts in September when he has to catch the bus hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now