Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

moving location

(3 Posts)
Morgieboys12 Sat 28-May-16 07:27:23

our area not workingout so welcome people views on moving to Bristol . we need a good state school but son will be in year 8 so essential friendly & supportive school to help make friends. I want a friendly place any suggestions. I'm a single mum whose struggled in a small town to make friends & son lovely outgoing , friendly & turns out academic but just not fitted in .
Or anywhere on m5 corridor between Cheltenham & Bristol .... maybe stroud. My son though will be coming from a small high school in the country so I do have concerns about adjustment.

catslife Sat 28-May-16 15:52:58

Why Bristol OP? I live in the area and may be able to help.
Are you renting or hoping to buy a property? House prices and rents are fairly expensive especially if only one income.
There is a large number of state secondary schools but the "best" ones are likely to be oversubscribed/have waiting lists. Bristol LEA may be able to tell you which ones have Y8 spaces. If you then pm me, I may be able to give a bit more local info about which ones may suit you (and which ones to avoid).
Hope that helps

Morgieboys12 Fri 03-Jun-16 08:33:52

Hi
well really like Bristol . thanks so much for coming back ... its taken me this long to work out how to respond .
now also looking at upton upon severn .sons father lives there , good high school affordable prices but if anyone knows if its friendly at all & community feel. love to hear from anyone.
Bristol feels like this in certain places .... but as you say quite expensive .
We really need to make a decision asap so son can try out new school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now