Talk

Advanced search

Parents of Year 11's - in the midst of exams!

(1000 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 16-May-16 20:37:19

roll up roll up, for our new support thread for all parents of year 11 kids. Whether your kids work hard or not, what ever their goals (or not!) this is our place to de-stress smile
wine

derektheladyhamster Mon 16-May-16 20:40:01

wine chocolate that's what is going to get me through!

marmiteloversunite Mon 16-May-16 20:42:16

I know you shouldn't wish your life away but I really wish it was the 21st June already!

228agreenend Mon 16-May-16 20:47:00

Hi all, checking in.

27 th June for us, although he has a two week break before then.

Already planning a meal out or takeaway on that night.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 16-May-16 20:49:07

I've lost my appetite sad other stresses going on in life too and my appetite has just vanished. I don't even want chocolate.

I can't c/p from the old thread. BOP glad your revision helped! Dd is happy to teach me, which I enjoy and happy to make me sit past papers and laugh at my mistakes.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 16-May-16 20:50:09

dd has her prom on her last exam day, so she is able to celebrate. We however will be teetotal I guess to make sure she can be rescued. Or maybe dh can be and I will drink his share!

OnTheBirdBranch Mon 16-May-16 20:50:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Icouldbeknitting Mon 16-May-16 20:51:40

I may relent and take DS out for an ice cream tomorrow, mostly because I think I will be needing it.

I've had nightmares twice this week where I dream that I have a stomach upset and pass it on to DS. My hand washing regime now goes up to the elbow despite there being absolutely nothing wrong with me. My heart goes out to all those of you with real sickness in the house, it must be very worrying for you.

NicknameUsed Mon 16-May-16 21:12:00

DD's last exam is 17th June. Some of her friends have their last exam on the 22nd. They don't do stats at her school.

Prom is always after the exams.

Good luck to everyone's DCs and get well soon to those who are under the weather flowers

littledrummergirl Mon 16-May-16 21:28:22

Hello everyone wine. Ds1 is very calm tonight after today's revision session. He went out on his bike for a bit after school and is now showered and reading in bed. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

228agreenend Mon 16-May-16 21:37:29

DT is last for us.

Lost appetite- not even chocolate?!

TheDrsDocMartens Mon 16-May-16 21:41:40

French & biology tomorrow too. Dd1 is all AQA except RS & Maths I think.

FantasyAndHope Mon 16-May-16 21:43:05

French and biology tomorrow
Igcse edexcel French
Aqa igcse biology

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 16-May-16 21:43:08

I know sad

dd just had a panic. Why do they do it at bedtime? Not convinced she has wound down enough to sleep.

ExitPursuedByABear Mon 16-May-16 21:44:19

Eek. Fist exam tomorrow.
Dd had another fillet steak for tea.
Jelly beans bought for an energy surge pre exam.
Head down to 17th June

Catvsworld Mon 16-May-16 21:48:27

My lad had re today

I am a shit mother we all totally forgot confused

It's his weakest subject and dosent want to engage with us about how it went sad

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 16-May-16 21:53:54

oops catv, on the positive side you weren't all pressuring with him adding to his stress levels.

NicknameUsed Mon 16-May-16 21:56:24

DD has a revision planner on the living room wall with all her exam dates on it. I also have the exam dates stuck on the fridge. School have been meticulous at emailing parents with exam timetables.

Shineyshoes10 Mon 16-May-16 22:02:09

Hope all ill DC are feeling better in the morning.

First exam here tomorrow-biology. DD2's not going in till lunchtime and I've promised her a lift and to pick her up afterwards as the exam has the potential to be emotionally draining for her, just hoping it isn't or it could go horribly wrong.

starfleet Mon 16-May-16 22:17:19

DS "went to bed" at 8.30pm - he was still rattling around in his room an hour later. I think he may have gone to sleep as I can't hear anything now....

He said he's OK and not stressing about this weeks exams (Biology, Latin, Chemistry and Latin again) but next week's are making him a bit nervous.

I'm not monitoring his ice cream habit over the next few weeks - I'm just making sure there are enough tubs of Phish Food and Cookie Dough in the freezer! I am feeding him other stuff though!!! My Mum is insisting that he has a handful of almonds every morning as they are brain food.

UhtredRagnorsson Mon 16-May-16 22:17:50

DS's last exam is 17 June. Which is the same day as DD1's last A level too. Which has a nice symmetry to it.

I'm not sure how much revising went on this evening. He did a couple of hours straight after school but after that...he watched both GOT and Fear with his sisters. Still, he was revising all day at school (they have to go in all day every day for structured revision sessions) and it will be the same tomorrow morning. So. I feel a bit bad because I won't see him tomorrow morning - in fact I won't see him again till Wednesday evening as I'm off on a work trip at 6:15am and he won't be up when I go. If it was DD1 it wouldn't be a problem, she is extremely superstitious and she likes me to be away, preferably overseas, whenever she has anything important because I was for an early music exam in which she got a ludicrous high distinction and she decided it was my absence that was the lucky thing not anything else. But DS, he likes me being around. And I won't be. Ah well.

NicknameUsed Mon 16-May-16 22:29:10

DD's school do structured revision sessions. They don't have any study leave until after 13th June. They get better outcomes because the students do actually revise at school and they are there on time for the exams (we live in a rural area and some students have to rely on the school bus to get to school).

HeyBells Mon 16-May-16 22:50:54

DS had first exam, RE today. He's not a talker so I have no idea how it went!

I think I'm more anxious than him, partly because he's so independent, he doesn't want help and there's nothing I can do but leave him to it without much idea of how he's doing. I'd be less worried if he talked but don't want to put him under pressure. Aaagh.

Biology 1 tomorrow.

raspberryrippleicecream Mon 16-May-16 23:03:37

Whoever it was who asked, I think DD is OCR for Biology. This thread has made me so paranoid I've just checked online on their website and Biology B 1,2 &3 is next week.

Good luck to those tomorrow.

ExitPursuedByABear Mon 16-May-16 23:03:48

Just had the usual "phone out of your room argument chat.

It's like Groundhog Day here.

This thread is not accepting new messages.