Talk

Advanced search

Y10 Work experience attire

(6 Posts)
kitkat1968 Sat 14-May-16 19:20:12

DD 14, nearly 15 is doing wex in a local business in just over a week.She doesn't really have anything I would deem 'office wear' so we are going to buy a few bits this weekend. I don't want to waste money on things she won't wear again, so it hasn't to be too formal. She is about size 8, but is still growing.

kitkat1968 Sat 14-May-16 19:21:36

we don't know what the weather will be like, in May in Yorkshire could literally be sleet or a heatwave.
Has anyone got any suggestions ?

TeaBelle Sat 14-May-16 19:29:11

I would get 1 pair black trouserstrousers (could use school uniform ones) and a couple of pretty tops. Can warm up with a cardi if needed. If budget allows then maybe a dress- can add leggings\tights if cold. I get most of my work stuff from primark or h&m. Alternatively you could look for a bundle on eBay or sell on what you buy as a bundle if she is unlikely to wear again.

Hope she enjoys it

TeenAndTween Sat 14-May-16 20:11:35

We got DD's 'business wear' mainly in the local charity shops!

hugoagogo Sat 14-May-16 20:13:42

It would depend where her work experience is?

bojorojo Sat 14-May-16 20:33:41

In an office, usually smart/casual clothes are fine for work experience. You cannot go wrong with a plain skirt, suitable tops that are blouse/shirt style or high quality T shirt style and a pair of trousers. A nice dress is also ok and a cardi to go with what you choose. I think black is too old looking, but go for black if you think she will get more use out of them. Avoid denim and very bright colours. She will not be judged by what she is wearing and being comfortable is important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now