Advanced search

Cancelling a place at Secondary School

(4 Posts)
ineedaholidaynow Wed 11-May-16 20:44:30

DS is due to start secondary school in September. He was offered a place at our local state school, but we have now decided to send him to an independent school instead. How do I go about cancelling his place at the secondary school? I have looked on our local council website but it just talks about the procedure for appealing an offer rather than declining one. Do I just phone the school?

wannabestressfree Wed 11-May-16 20:45:14

I would put it in writing to the school and the local authority.

navylily Wed 11-May-16 20:47:35

Email the local authority, and copy the school in.

I just emailed the local authority and assumed they would tell the school but they failed to and I got sent information about induction days.

Legendofthephoenix Wed 11-May-16 20:49:36

I sent a letter to headmistress and the education authority the same letter. Its not that difficult it is an easy quick process

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now