Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone's dcs studying Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics) A level?

(6 Posts)
fortuneandglory Thu 05-May-16 13:08:33

And are they enjoying it? Dd has a place at 6th form and is currently timetabled for 4 A levels (RS is one). We don't really know much about it. She is currently doing RS GCSE and is predicted a high grade.

Diddlydokey Thu 05-May-16 13:09:59

I did it and enjoyed it. I also did Philosophy at Uni.

fortuneandglory Thu 05-May-16 13:11:26

Thank you diddlydokey. She loves it at gcse. Can imagine her doing philosophy at uni.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 05-May-16 13:11:54

Ds2 is. AS last year. A level coming up. He LOVES it. He's found it fascinating.

DubiousCredentials Thu 05-May-16 13:21:59

I did it at A level a ahem few years ago. Loved it. Really interesting. I was a firm Catholic when I started the course and came out agnostic. Many A few years later I realised I had become a die hard atheist and feel like I have done the proper research to justify my opinion.

Really interesting and also it wasn't a popular subject so as a quieter student I really enjoyed the smaller classes.

Pootles2010 Thu 05-May-16 13:25:31

Snap Dubious! Except happy clappy free church rather than Catholic. I did theology and philosophy with eng. lit at uni - really enjoyed it! I think if you enjoy the subject that's the most important thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now