Talk

Advanced search

Is there any league table that compares top state and private schools??? GCSEs and A levels

(8 Posts)
fredfortoday Mon 02-May-16 22:02:10

I have seen some league tables touted around but for some reason a lot of the top public schools and private schools were not on it (not sure why). Can anyone please let me know what is the most comprehensive comparative table around even if not all the top schools (state and private) are on it and can they explain to me why some of the schools are not on it.

I think a parent told me it was due to the type of GSCE/A levels that are being taken - something about there being more advanced GCSEs but not sure what she went - there was only on type when I went to school back in the dark ages. Thanks very much.

Michaelahpurple Tue 03-May-16 08:52:02

That is probably a reference to igcses. I think the official league tables don't include them so this nukes them for many independents who tend to favour then for some reason. I think the ones done by the newspapers (FT and telegraph and perhaps the timeS) include both sorts so then you just have to deal with the independents who choose not to submit

I always see the league tables when they come out in the late summer, means to keep them and then never do, and seem to struggle to find them online

Not v helpful of me!

fredfortoday Tue 03-May-16 09:15:47

Thanks for that - can anyone please link me to league tables? thanks

fortuneandglory Tue 03-May-16 10:12:34

if you google secondary league tables telegraph you will find one.

Jeremysfavouriteaunt Tue 03-May-16 10:17:14

You have two threads going about this, I posted on your other one.

neuroticnicky Tue 03-May-16 10:25:32

The only decent tables are the Sunday Times "Parent Power" ones see
www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/newsreview/education/parentpower/

maryso Tue 03-May-16 11:17:55

DfE lists all schools by the usual classifications or you can choose by postcode and variable radius.

happygardening Tue 03-May-16 12:10:09

Many if the highest performing independent schools have withdrawn from league tables. Their results are on their websites so I guess you'd have to do your own comparison.
The FT one used to be the best but I'm not sure they've done it for a few years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now