Language oral - mistake by teacher

(4 Posts)
TapeMistake Thu 28-Apr-16 17:39:18

DD has had her A-level language oral exam. It was split into three sections. After the first two sections, which had gone well, the teacher turned off the tape thinking it had finished. DD got up to go. Then asked about the third section, and the poor teacher realised her mistake. She turned on the tape again, and continued, but DD said she was a bit unnerved, and the last topic didn't go as well as the first two.

The teacher has said she would write to the exam board. I just wanted to check what will happen. First, will it be ok that the tape was switched off. I'm worried it might not count. Second, I'm not sure of the mark structure. Are most of the marks in the third section, or are they weighted equally.

Thank you!

ShanghaiDiva Fri 29-Apr-16 00:43:04

You will need to check the syllabus to see the weighting of the different sections of the oral.
I imagine the teacher will advise the examinations officer at school regarding what happened who will notify the exam board.

TapeMistake Fri 29-Apr-16 09:41:32

I emailed the teacher, and she's already phoned me back to say the exam board told her it would all be fine, and it happens quite often. So I feel much better now! It's DD's first A-level, so I think I was just worrying too much!

ShanghaiDiva Fri 29-Apr-16 13:18:28

That is good news and a relief for both you and your daughter smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now