Talk

Advanced search

Moving school during year 7 - assessment advice

(9 Posts)
BlokesAllowed Tue 19-Apr-16 11:16:48

Hello.
My dd is going to move school and has been asked to attend the new school this week for assessments. Does anyone know of any good websites that has example assessment papers for year 7 students?

Thanks in advance.

noblegiraffe Tue 19-Apr-16 11:36:06

Why do you want papers? The school will have their own assessments?

TeenAndTween Tue 19-Apr-16 11:37:54

Personally I wouldn't worry.

Won't they just get her to do a bit of maths and a bit of English so they know which sets to bung her in initially? You really shouldn't need to do anything special. Then they should adjust sets as needed once they see what she is really like.

5tardusty Tue 19-Apr-16 11:43:08

They won't be set papers. It'll probably be a general maths test and a piece of writing to see which sets she needs to go into. No point trying to prep her for them, as she needs to go into the set that is right for her ability. She just needs to do her best on the day and give a fair representation of where she is currently.

BlokesAllowed Tue 19-Apr-16 11:45:11

Thanks TeenAndWeen. I was thinking back to her Year 6 SATs when we got her to do some sample papers for practice. It really seemed to help and I was hoping there might be something for Year 7.

She's certainly bright enough so I could be worrying over nothing, but they've said she will be there for 3-4 hours which sounds like more than just a bit of maths and English.

Badgerncub Tue 19-Apr-16 11:50:51

We would bring in all new pupils for a full day to show them round and do a quick assessment of where they are working. It'll prob be the same assessment the rest of the 7s have done in the school recently and will be nowt to worry about/prepare for. Just try not to pass on any of the anxieties about it wink

BlokesAllowed Tue 19-Apr-16 11:54:48

Thanks all, I'm obviously stressing over nothing!

t4gnut Tue 19-Apr-16 11:58:51

Likely to be some form of CATS assessments for year 7 - internal stuff for setting/progress measurement. Nothing to worry about.

Arkwright Tue 19-Apr-16 12:41:11

My Dd did English, Maths and Science CATS when she moved in year 7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now