Appeal to exam board

(3 Posts)
chocolateworshipper Fri 15-Apr-16 17:32:36

My daughter gets 25% extra time for exams and is Year 11. School checked with exam board that everything was in place reading for her first exam today which was computer based. Exam would normally be one hour - but she would get the extra 25% time on top of that. However, she got to the end of an hour today, and the test finished! The school couldn't do anything as it was computerised. Does anyone have any experience of what an exam board will do when we appeal it? She does NOT want to re-sit the exam. I think they should give her 25% extra marks to compensate for not having the time, but I don't know if they would. Thank you for any help.

noblegiraffe Fri 15-Apr-16 18:30:32

Not getting previously approved access arrangements would qualify for special consideration from the exam board, but special consideration can only award up to a maximum of 5% extra marks. I'm not sure what not getting extra time would count for.

Coconutty Fri 15-Apr-16 19:10:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now