Talk

Advanced search

year 10 disruptive behaviour

(2 Posts)
Sharon19713 Wed 13-Apr-16 11:09:46

My 15 year old boy has persistent disruptive behaviour resulting to many exclusions and limited lesson timetable at the moment. I am in the process of changing his school but can only go through the managed move process meaning he would go back a year and be on a probationary period meaning his current school would have to take him back if things did not work out.

My concerns are that my son will be going into a lower year (which he is quite happy to do) but what happens if he has to go back to the original school regarding his timetable and options? I am even exploring home schooling my son if this school move fails. I would be grateful of any advice, I live in Vale of Glamorgan, Wales

bojorojo Wed 13-Apr-16 14:59:14

So the new school is putting him into Y9? My guess would be that he would have to carry on with being a year behind, otherwise he will, effectively, be trying to do the y11 curriculum without ever doing y10. You could get this clarified by the schools concerned.

I would also make sure the new school has a curriculum that might suit him and keep him motivated and interested in lessons, particularly if he would like BTecs rather than a full complement of GCSEs. . I am not saying he is not capable of GCSEs but sometimes finding practical subjects a child is really interested in does help with behaviour. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now