School admissions would i be able to get the figures for this years admissions

(5 Posts)
KathrynL Thu 24-Mar-16 14:03:38

I'm just wondering if I phoned up my LA if they'd be able to give me details of the admissions this year to a particular school. We apply for my dd this year, so this Septemeber and I noticed on their website it says for details on how places were allocated contact the LA. Obviously I don't want or expect to be told the private details of each child but I thought it would be maybe beneficial to know what the cut of was for distance this year and how many children were offered places in each category. Do you think id be allowed this sort of information?

Ladymuck Thu 24-Mar-16 14:11:36

Absolutely. More and more LAs are publishing this data - my LA circulated the data to secondary schools yesterday, so you may find that not everyone has it at their fingertips yet, but certainly first week back they should have it.

KathrynL Thu 24-Mar-16 14:15:09

Great. Well every year come September our LA sends out a copy of their admissions booklets and within these it states the amount of applicants for each school and how places were allocated. But it only publishes the details for community and academy schools and not for faith schools. It says to contact them directly, I've no idea why. I suppose I'd feel a bit cheeky phoning up and mithering them but I suppose if you don't ask you don't get.

meditrina Thu 24-Mar-16 14:23:15

All schools should publish this info, either via the LA (if that is their admissions authority, or they ask them to do it for them) or in their own websites, or in response to an enquiry.

No reason to feel cheeky!

But offers are only just out and admissions staff might have had more pressing things on their to-do lists than checking and publishing this info. It should be available before the next admissions round starts.

KathrynL Thu 24-Mar-16 18:00:12

Oh I know yeah I wasn't going to phone up just yet, I know they're busy sorting out this years admissions. I'll leave it until Septemebr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now