Talk

Advanced search

Bournemouth, or near to, state schools - are there any good ones?? Help needed

(5 Posts)
sunnysss Sat 12-Mar-16 20:15:11

Hi, we are moving to the area and are not sure about any of the schools, can be in Bournemouth or outside eg Wimbourne, Christchurch or Ringwood- anywhere really. We have 3 dc, 9b, 11&13girls. Can anyone recommend any?

Pantah630 Mon 14-Mar-16 07:29:31

Twynham in Christchurch but research the catchment area as it is narrowing year on year, mainly West Christchurch now only.

In Bournemouth both Grammar schools are very good. Bishop of Winchester are getting better and better. No knowledge of QE in the last 50 years my Mum went there when it was Pamphill in the 60's but have always thought it a good traditional comp. When I was at Blandford Upper in the 80's the schools to go to were Corfe Hills or Purbeck, no idea now though. DS1 now 25 was at Twynham and DS2 16 is at Bournemouth School (grammar).

Paddingtonthebear Mon 14-Mar-16 07:45:58

The grammar schools in Bournemouth are very good. Best non grammar is probably Twynham in Christchurch. Highcliffe also good. In Poole,the two grammar schools are very good as is St Edwards. Apart from those I would avoid all other Poole secondary schools! I have heard mixed reviews about the Wimborne schools.

Pantah630 Mon 14-Mar-16 15:41:16

My friends two sons are at Ringwood and she rates it very highly, both boys doing well there.

sunnysss Sun 20-Mar-16 16:12:15

Thank you for your replies. I will take a look. Sorry for the late reply!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now