GCSEs options: English Bacc and Re

(5 Posts)
Loletta Fri 04-Mar-16 15:22:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ladymuck Fri 04-Mar-16 15:31:56

Utterly irrelevant. It is a measure for the school, not him. There is no Ebacc certificate or equivalent, it is just a school performance measure.

eyebrowse Fri 04-Mar-16 15:33:16

I don't think there are clear answers. Schools are going to be judged on it so they will push ebacc. Its meant to stop disadvantaged children doing hairdressing etc so that they don't reduce their options for the future so it does not really apply in the case of RE vs ancient history

I think it is silly that not all humanities subjects are automatically ebacc. If your ds does RE he will get the same educational value as doing ancient history in my opinion. I would say doing a language is probably more important particularly if he want to go abroad to a non english speaking country and as far as I know in this country university admissions tutors have not said they will discount RE even if the government does. I wonder if the government may change its policy on this as RE is so important nowadays.

Loletta Fri 04-Mar-16 15:52:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

davidcameroon Fri 04-Mar-16 16:25:41

It doesn't matter if children get the Ebacc -there's no special certificate or qualification.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now