Talk

Advanced search

greenacre and caterham - any surrey waitlist movement yet?

(7 Posts)
greaversRafterme Sat 27-Feb-16 16:35:36

We are nervously biting our nails as choice day comes nearer.

Ou DD has 2 offers for our backup options and 2 waitlist offers for our preferred choices of Greenacre and Caterham - we reside happily between the two schools.

Our nearest offer school is Coombe Bank which poses an interim issue of travel - we would ultimately move to sevenoaks if we had to as are in fortunate situaton to be able to do so.

We are idly wondering if anyone on here knows of anyone who has or are about to turn down offers for Greenacre or Caterham? The wait is turning me into a nervous blob of jelly!

Leeds2 Sat 27-Feb-16 18:20:06

I do know that there are some children at the school where I volunteer who will be turning down Caterham if they get into the grammar schools. Don't think any of them have offers for Greenacre.

LIZS Sat 27-Feb-16 18:34:10

Is this for 11+? C do over offer, on the basis that some will receive more than offer, not so sure about Greenacre, but there may not be much movement next week. If you can wait it out until mid April when the term's notice/fees is required , places will be more committed. Have you considered a prep for y7 and 8 , if she isn't already at one, to reapply at 13+? It might be worth ringing Aberdour for example.

ShallowEnd Sat 05-Mar-16 11:23:22

Hi
Thought i would bump this up a bit - any news yet on offers from C's wait list?

Flappingandflying Sun 06-Mar-16 13:45:31

I've heard on the grapevine that Greenacre are pretty desperate for numbers so I'd think you've got in there. Caterham, hmmm, wouldn't send a girl there - the testosterone is palpable as you walk through the door. Heard fab things about the chap at Coombe Bank whose taken over. It's going to be renamed and he's pouring money into the place.

foragogo Sun 06-Mar-16 17:17:24

Blimey, you've never been to Whitgift then I take it smile

Flappingandflying Sun 06-Mar-16 22:14:43

Yes! Get your point smilesmilesmilesmile. OP, there's quite a big difference between Greenacre and Caterham in terms of ethos and selectiveness. As far as I am aware, Greenacre is lovely but not selective academically compared to Caterham. I know children at both schools who are happy and doing well so hope you hear soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now