Talk

Advanced search

travel to secondary school . Need help!!

(9 Posts)
meenu11 Sun 21-Feb-16 14:34:52

My DS got into Hampton in 10+ deferred entry but we are in such a location that travelling will become a nighmare if we accept the school . We loved the school so much that doesnt want to lose the space due to travelling as moving house will not be an option for us. I know that the school also run coach service but even the pick up location is also far from our current location and taxi is not affordable. Can anyone help me by suggesting me any other way. We are in Epsom.

amitha Sun 21-Feb-16 14:42:37

Why would you even consider a school that was difficult to get to??

ChalkHearts Sun 21-Feb-16 14:45:56

It's just a school. It's really not worth the travel.

Why do you think it's SO much better than your more local options?

marmaladegranny Sun 21-Feb-16 14:54:38

Are you in central Epsom? Travelinesoutheast.org.uk implies it is possible by bus 406 from Epsom Clocktower, changing in Kingston bus station on to 111 to school.
Of course I may be looking to the wrong school…..

Lurkedforever1 Sun 21-Feb-16 15:04:01

Google the public transport journey planner for your area, most have them. Then look up the options for either home to school or home to coach and see if either are viable. Or coach and cycling perhaps?

JassyRadlett Sun 21-Feb-16 15:09:30

How far are you from Epsom station? Surely the Worcester Park coach might be an option, if you can't drive to eg Surbiton?

BeaufortBelle Sun 21-Feb-16 15:20:48

Okay. I do Epsom to Wimbledon and that's a pain for early starts and an older child. Either you drive to the coach pick up point or you look at other schools. Guessing you are in reach of Sutton Grammar if money's tight. Or:

Epsom College and other Surrey schools. KCS? KGS?

Not sure I fully comprehend why you even applied to Hampton if it's inaccessible.

BackforGood Sun 21-Feb-16 23:44:47

confused as to why you would apply to a school that is inaccessible to you? Surely this hasn't come as a surprise since they offered the place.... the school didn't move between you applying and being ofered the place did it?

meenu11 Mon 22-Feb-16 09:10:30

Thank u for ur reply. We made our child sit for the exam unknowingly the fact that it will not be an easy route to travel. At first we thought that it will be commutable but looking at the coach service route and other option, we realised tha fact that it will be difficult. So was looking for other direct ways to travel like private coach or carpool etc . But I know now that if will not be a fair decision if we accept the place and make my ds travel so far. So decided not to accept the place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now