Talk

Advanced search

The Abbey School - Assesment Test Info

(2 Posts)
abbeyaspirant123 Fri 19-Feb-16 14:59:09

Hi,
My DD is in year 3 now, I am planning to get her started with The Abbey Reading school at year 5. They do take new student if places get available.. However they do have an assessment test & interview. The test covers English, Maths & verbal reasoning. Any guidance / experiences if any of you could share. How to prepare for the test? etc

LC01 Wed 20-Apr-16 14:39:40

Hello, my daughter is starting Y3 this September. She took the tests and the school advised us not to prepare for the test. Will your daughter be looking to sit the 11+ test? If it's not the 11+ and it's the year before, she'll need to take the test to get into the juniors and then have to take a separate entrance exam to join the senior school the following year. Most parents do prepare their children by having a tutor for the 11+, if however, she's at The Abbey already, they start preparing them for the exam well before the 11+. Sorry, I hope I've been of some help? Have you visited the school yet, I'm sure they can answer your questions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now