Advanced search

LEH School Waiting List 😢😔😢

(46 Posts)
sunshine1975 Thu 18-Feb-16 23:15:34

My daughter is on the waiting list at LEH senior. It is her first choice School and she love the school so much. I am new to this whole process and wondered if this was a good thing or whether I shouldn't raise my hopes. Does anybody have any insight into how successful this is, or even how long they make the list as they are not advising where we are on the list.

sunshine1975 Fri 19-Feb-16 08:30:47

Any help please ?

AnotherNewt Fri 19-Feb-16 08:37:44

Can you explain everything in your title after the word 'list', as all I'm getting is garble?

In general, waiting lists are only used once the school knows they do not have enough girls to places, and this is likely to happen early only if there has been a higher number than expected turning down the places promptly. Otherwise, it's likely to move only in the couple of days after the deadline for responses.

If it moves at all (sorry, but it had to be said). Last year, several schools did not use their waiting lists at all, or took only one or two from it.

SWLondonGirl Fri 19-Feb-16 08:42:23

I guess it is a matter of waiting unfortunately. I know that some years the waiting list isn't touched, but other years it is. It is impossible to predict but I imagine the school will have a better idea by the end of the month. My advice would be to keep in touch with the school and make it clear that it is your first choice. Have you got to pay a deposit elsewhere to secure a back-up or do you have a good state school option?

sunshine1975 Fri 19-Feb-16 09:10:04

We got LEH School first choice waiting list, and Offer from NHE School, and waiting for Tiffin to come out on 02/03 but my daughter prefer LEH from all of them.

Mumofthree1976 Fri 19-Feb-16 16:20:30

sunshine1975 - the waiting list will move as many West London girls (including my DD) apply to LEH as a back up if they don't get into G&L or Latymer Upper. LEH is far for us compared to the easy walk (or short bus ride) to G&L/LU/SPGS. So do not despair - we will be turning our LEH offer down and know of other girls in our area who are thinking of the same. Fingers crossed for you and all those on all Waiting Lists...the process is excruiating and I urge all those who are not taking their spaces at school to quickly decline so that those on waiting lists can have some good news.

SWLondonGirl Fri 19-Feb-16 16:35:22

Hopefully Mumofthree1976 is right - but do remember that all the schools over offer anyway in the knowledge that there is an overlap. I know that it didn't move at all a few years ago as the dd of a friend of mine was on it - the registrar said they didn't touch the waitlist that year. It obviously varies year on year. Fingers crossed for you sunshine1975.

sunshine1975 Fri 19-Feb-16 21:00:27

sWLondonGirl, Mumofthree1976. I am hoping to get a place at LEH School and will wait few days to see what's happening. Do you think is it a good idea if I call the School and say that I don't want to go for our second option and I will wait for their offer. Do you thank it will be ok with them or they will but my daughter name in the bottom of the List?

DramaQueen38 Fri 19-Feb-16 23:41:39

Of course they won't put your name at the bottom of the list. But it won't cause a place to magically appear either.

Due to the large catchment area of the school there are always people who reject places for a more local option, and there are always pupils who choose Tiffin over LEH. But the school is used to this so over offer accordingly . Afraid you will just have to register your continuing interest and sit tight. Agonising but necessary. Good luck!

TeddTess Fri 19-Feb-16 23:45:21

there won't be movement until after the state school offers day - girls who get LEH but also get waldegrave or Tiffin may decline LEH which was their back up.

you'll just have to be patient!

sunshine1975 Tue 23-Feb-16 00:01:20

Start to be little bit nervous, next week will be Grammars school results. And the moving in the waiting list.

TeddTess Tue 23-Feb-16 08:04:32

and then there should be further movement after easter - some people hold onto their places until they are at risk of losing a full term's fees.

sunshine1975 Tue 23-Feb-16 10:58:58

The waiting for the waiting list to have a place is more harder than waiting for 11+ results with you pass or you don't. We have an offer for NHE and I would like to decide what to do about it but am waiting for the LEH to let me know about the place. I have a feeling of parents in my same situation waiting for a place for their child at NHE school.

hetty3 Tue 23-Feb-16 13:19:05

Do phone them. We had a wait list place last year at LEH and found the admissions lady very straightforward and helpful. My recollection is that they divided the waiting list into sections based on their exam results, and would tell you which section your daughter is in. Whilst they can't guarantee any movement on the wait list, they will also tell you statistically how far down the list they've got in previous years, which gives you a good idea of whether to keep your hopes up or not.

sunshine1975 Tue 23-Feb-16 15:11:24

Hetty3. Did your daughter get in at the end?

sunshine1975 Tue 23-Feb-16 15:15:13

I would like to call but I think better idea to call after the Grammar schools results came out so if some one put LEH as Backup they will drop it down

DramaQueen38 Wed 24-Feb-16 09:42:16

Don't forget there's also Waldegrave - a magnificent, non selective girls-only senior state school just a stones throw from LEH. So lots of factors to come into play yet. (But the school are used to it, so may have accurately over offered accordingly.) Good luck for WL movement OP.

sunshine1975 Wed 24-Feb-16 10:40:31

DramaQueen38. The over offered what make me little bit nervous and panic. I hope every child get what they want and my daughter to get to school she wanted from her heart.

DiDi0105 Fri 26-Feb-16 07:58:44

Does anyone know when is the last day for acceptance at LEH?

aeganblue Fri 26-Feb-16 17:15:21

It's 7 March.
My DD was waitlisted at LEH last year- unfortunately despite emphasising up until June (when they close their list) that it was our first choice and getting very close to the top - she did not receive an offer.
NHE is a fab school, I would not turn it down until you have an offer from LEH in of luck, I know how difficult it is!

sunshine1975 Fri 26-Feb-16 17:29:13

aeganblue. It's very difficult and annoying just to wait and see how many will drop it down and wait for a chance.
I will not turn NHE until I heard from ELH.

aeganblue Fri 26-Feb-16 17:42:51

I completely agree. We found it frustrating and ultimately quite heartbreaking! I wish you better luck but if I were you would emphasise the great aspects of NHE to your DD

Wriggle45 Fri 26-Feb-16 20:41:25

LEH waitlist really doesn't move in the same way as other schools.... I don't like to be a pessimist but I wouldn't get your hopes up

DramaQueen38 Fri 26-Feb-16 21:02:26

Agree with ageanblue, fantastic news if this works out for you, I wish you every success, but in the meantime I'd set your dd's expectations very low about LEH and talk up your other options very hard indeed so she is prepared to go elsewhere.

sunshine1975 Sat 27-Feb-16 11:57:31

Four days and all the Grammars school will announce the results. Then more of places at independent school will come out wish each child get what he/she want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now