Talk

Advanced search

Is rudeness ever acceptable in a school environment?

(4 Posts)
bkgirl Thu 11-Feb-16 16:33:19

I have taught my children to treat everyone with respect and courtesy but also to expect the same. Last year, my daughter started a new secondary and to be fair its excellent.However the secretary is unbelievably rude to children and parents. She has obviously been there for some time, it has obviously been deemed acceptable in some way to the principal. Lots of mums know this and an official complaint has already been lodged but my goodness - how can we alter her behavior. What a bully!

bkgirl Thu 11-Feb-16 17:06:36

ps I didn't do the complaint, I just heard about it.

admission Thu 11-Feb-16 21:42:26

There is no need for rudeness but then we come to defining what is rude and not rude. Clearly in this case the person has an entirely different version of rude from others.
It is, at the end of the day, up to the head teacher to deal with this. If there has been one official complaint then the head should be doing something about it but they are not going to advertise the fact to the world.
If there is no improvement then the answer is more complaints until something does happen.

bkgirl Thu 11-Feb-16 22:30:14

Fair enough and I agree that is the way I will go so thank you smile Honestly up to your reply I have been thinking about suggesting an undercover journalist make an excuse to be in the office for 10 mins and let them see it for themselves. I cannot understand how other staff can be so blind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now