Talk

Advanced search

Tests in year 7

(12 Posts)
Muskey Thu 04-Feb-16 11:24:10

Hi can anyone help me. My dad came home from school saying that she had some tests which would help the school to set what level she should be working to. I think she said they were called CMAs although when I googled this I couldn't find anything. Could someone please enlighten me as to what these tests are called and how they work

balletgirlmum Thu 04-Feb-16 11:27:08

CAT's?

Muskey Thu 04-Feb-16 11:32:28

Thanks balletgirlmum do you know what they are as I have never heard of them

Waitingandhoping2015 Thu 04-Feb-16 11:56:38

Your 'dad' needs to do something about both his sexuality and her age... grin grin

cakeisalwaystheanswer Thu 04-Feb-16 12:00:37

More likely CEM tests, just google them, I think they are the same as Durham tests in which case most schools use them.

balletgirlmum Thu 04-Feb-16 12:03:57

Is it a private school?

I wasn't aware of the term CEM - but ds has done incas (primary) & Midyis (yr 7) which both appear to be part of CEM

DD did CATS at her school.

redskytonight Thu 04-Feb-16 12:29:15

Might be school specific. DS (also Year 7) has regular assessment tests for which the school has devised its own acronym. Was thoroughly bemused for a while before I twigged!

Muskey Thu 04-Feb-16 14:19:18

Thank you all for your responses I was getting my hair done so I haven't been around this am yes it is a private school. Yes I will speak to my dad about pretending he is a 12 year old girl. I hope he isn't going to turn into kaitlyn Jenner I don't think my mum could cope.

balletgirlmum Thu 04-Feb-16 14:24:14

It will be Midyis then. Private schools tend to use them instead of cats.

They measure verbal & non verbal reasoning etc & are meant to be able to show a child's developed & no developed ability.

Muskey Thu 04-Feb-16 14:40:06

Ok thanks balletgirlmum. I some how feel I have dropped a ball here as I wasn't aware of these types of test. Although from what I have read you shouldn't prepare for them as it gives a better indicative score.

balletgirlmum Thu 04-Feb-16 14:43:03

You can't really prepare for them & often the kids arnt even told in advance they will be doing them.

Muskey Thu 04-Feb-16 14:45:10

You are right there balletgirlmum dd didn't know anything about them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now