How did people find the recent entrance exams?

(5 Posts)
bookwormA1 Sun 17-Jan-16 15:55:09

Afternoon everyone
I have been coaching students for entrance exams at all the main schools for the last ten years...Hampton, LEH, Tiffin's Boys and Girls, etc. There seem to be more and more competition for ever and fewer places, and more and more changes to exam formats and difficulty levels. Once my students leave, it is often hard to stay in touch, so I wondered, if anyone has the time, if there was any feedback that you or your DD or DS has on the process? If their experiences are changing, I need to as well! Do people still rate Hampton, SPS, Tiffin and KCS as the top choices for their DS, and Tiffin Girls and LEH for DD? Any genuine feedback would be gratefully received. Thanks.smile

bookwormA1 Sun 17-Jan-16 15:56:22

Even fewer, sorry...curse the autocorrect function!

Zhabr Sat 20-Feb-16 13:25:53

BookwormA1, you said it yourself- you are out of touch.

FlumePlume Sat 20-Feb-16 14:36:27

I asked a similar sort of question (from a parent's point of view) on this thread, which you might find an interesting read:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/secondary/2561591-Can-anyone-rank-the-SW-London-selective-schools

SAHDthatsall Mon 22-Feb-16 19:09:26

Hi bookwormA1 - can you explain why you think there are fewer places at such schools?

Do you coach children for both Hampton boys school and LEH?

Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now