Talk

Advanced search

Non selective independent school recommendations

(8 Posts)
3Kids3 Thu 17-Dec-15 16:37:02

I am looking for a school near to SE22 (willing to travel up to 45 mins) for my daughter who has ADD and Dyspraxia. People have recommended St Dunstan however after checking their website it is selective and children need to working above expectations. Colfes is also selective.
I wondered if anyone has any other suggestions?

Zodlebud Thu 17-Dec-15 16:48:55

This won't be at all helpful due to location, but there's a great school in Hertfordshire called Egerton Rothersay which is perfect for kids with needs like your daughter - my niece is dyspraxic and my sister is considering moving from up North just to send her there. It's a school with a mainstream curriculum but it is able to fully support children with ADD, dyspraxia, dyslexia and high functioning autism.

I guess it's at least helpful to know that there are some great schools out there!!!!

3Kids3 Thu 17-Dec-15 17:02:52

That school seems perfect if it was a little closer. Thanks Zodlebud.

mary21 Thu 17-Dec-15 17:46:31

Riverston School? EWell Castle?

mary21 Thu 17-Dec-15 17:49:03

Sorry just realised Well castle is only coed under11 and over 16. Only boys 11_16

EldonAve Thu 17-Dec-15 17:50:05

Would the Hall in Wimbledon be too far?

EldonAve Thu 17-Dec-15 17:52:02

Woldingham?

PettsWoodParadise Fri 18-Dec-15 19:30:09

Babington is popular in our area as a non-selective but 'gets the best out of girls' type of school. It may also just have gone co-ed all the way through. I know it was first choice for girls from DDs selective if they were struggling and decided to go to a less pressured but still good quality school. A train from SE22 to Chislehurst depending on your train route might put this in reach? Farringtons is also non-selective, again in Chislehurst - it doesn't do so well in the tables but that reflects their intake and also they have boarders (as well as day) students who don't have English as a first language. It has a good pastoral ethos and is strong on sports and drama without ignoring the academic side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now