Talk

Advanced search

Mock GCSEs in Year 10.

(6 Posts)
BertrandRussell Wed 09-Dec-15 17:50:44

What sort of grades would you be expecting in core subjects at this stage in year 10?

WildStallions Wed 09-Dec-15 17:54:43

2 grades less then they'll get in their GCSEs.

So if you get an E now you're on track for a C in the real exam. If you get a B now you're on track for an A* in the real exam.

titchy Wed 09-Dec-15 18:25:20

Depends. If given a real paper then yes 1-2 grades below. If given a paper just comprising the topics they've covered so far, then that is their indicated grade. There isn't usually time to go over topics, so if they've only covered electromagnetism and forces and got a C in a mock about electromagnetism and forces then they're working at a C.

cricketballs Wed 09-Dec-15 20:39:43

As Titchy said; we only do exams/tests on topics covered, I would expect students to be only a grade below target (this allows for exam techniques which is an ongoing lesson to be a factor)

Pointlessfan Wed 09-Dec-15 20:42:31

I'd agree with cricket plus their controlled assessment will bump up their final grade. They usually do at least a grade better in the real thing than in mocks.

GinandJag Wed 09-Dec-15 20:43:46

I can't imagine their mocks involve topics they haven't yet covered so I would expect a realistic target grade plus one below. They will improve on exam technique and basic literacy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now