Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

6 forms! Notre dame cobham or St George's Weybridge

(8 Posts)
3Plumpuddings Sun 06-Dec-15 22:24:09

Hismile
Just putting feelers out and wondered if any of you lovely people could tell me anything at all about these two sixth forms (or suggest any others!)
Basically, dd1 has been at leh since year 5. She badly wants a change, and fresh start/new people etc! She is in year10 at the moment, so we have a year, but I wanted to have a look at our options early. Anything welcome! Thank you x

3Plumpuddings Sun 06-Dec-15 22:29:04

Forgot to mention - she's also v sportygrin

IHavemyownLighthouseyouknow Sun 06-Dec-15 22:36:20

SGC is so much better than ND for sports, even with the new facilities that ND have planned. (then again, SGC are also planning a new sports centre but I don't think it will be done for a few years yet). SGC has a much better 6th form centre than ND, very modern & lots of space, but then again they have so many more pupils in 6th form (and with that, more choice of subjects at A Level).

Would your DD do better in a smaller group environment though, and how would she feel about co-ed after being at LEH?

3Plumpuddings Sun 06-Dec-15 23:11:39

Thank you! Doesn't mind co-ed nor big/ small environments. She will do well wherever, the main thing is new people, good sports facilities and human teacherswink
She's very organised, so basically needs to know when work is due in and she will do it! Just don't want extortionate amounts of pressure on her - she achieves much better without! Thank you so much for your help xx

titchy Mon 07-Dec-15 08:17:57

Reeds?

TeddTess Mon 07-Dec-15 09:25:56

KGS?

SharkyOctopus Mon 07-Dec-15 19:30:53

I'd go for Kings Wimbledon. If your DD is at LEH she has a chance academically of a place and it will be a lot easier starting with all the girls not really knowing each other than starting at a school where friendships are already solid.
Others would be Reeds (but I'd worry that is quite an academic drop from LEH), Epsom (lots join for sixth), Wellington (again lots join), Westminster???

We thought about moving DD for sixth (she was at a similarly academic girls' school to LEH) but decided it had to be moving her somewhere special which gave something extra. It is tough stepping up to a levels and you don't want her to be worrying about breaking into existing friendship groups.

gaslamp Mon 07-Dec-15 20:44:03

Think ND a big drop academically from LEH? I'd be looking at KGS or KCS as well, or - if not particularly focused on co-ed - SWPS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now