Kingston Grammar via Surbiton

(4 Posts)
somami Sun 06-Dec-15 12:08:15

Could anyone tell me which school is more academic and pushes able children to achieve the highest results? I've heard that although Surbiton is a good school, it certainly can't compete with WHS, Putney or LEH. I have heard that, generally, most of the girls at SHS are not aiming high. what is the situation at KGS? Anyone has an experience with Kingston grammar education? Are they generous with scholarships? Many thanks!

TeddTess Sun 06-Dec-15 19:45:25

They are two completely different schools.
do you want co-ed or not is the real question.
plenty of bright girls in surbiton
plenty of bright girls in KGS

TeddTess Sun 06-Dec-15 19:46:09

why don't you look at the leavers' destinations at SHS. i don't think you can say they are not aiming high.

NoWheelsOnMyWagon Mon 07-Dec-15 18:16:09

Surbiton has plenty of success getting girls into the 'right' university and more importantly, on the right course for each individual girl - that includes Oxbridge and all the 'redbricks'.
As TedTess says - choosing between co-ed (KGS) and single-sex (SHS) should be the main factor if you are considering these two schools. Any bright, focussed student will do well at either of these schools - both have the staff and facilities to get the best out of your daughter. SHS has also (in past years) been more generous on the scholarship side as far as I know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now