Talk

Advanced search

Any idea for Christmas gift for 15Y boy?

(17 Posts)
Autumnsky Thu 03-Dec-15 11:07:30

What you are buying for your teenage boy for Christmas? DS likes surprise, but he didn't tell me anything that he would like, so I have no idea at the moment.

Waitingandhoping2015 Thu 03-Dec-15 11:14:52

Not an easy one! DS who is the same age usually gets a few PS4 games, and is getting more into clothes so will likely end up with vouchers for clothes shops. He has requested some more gear for the gym at home so I will get that. But it's not easy.

momb Thu 03-Dec-15 11:20:18

Don't have a teenage boy, but outdoorsy teenage DD is getting a decent two man tent, a 4 season ultralight sleeping bag and a rucksack as main gifts, with a few small gadgets in her stocking.

Autumnsky Thu 03-Dec-15 11:21:20

It is really difficult for me, as DS never ask for anything. He is quite happy when he has a present, but if you ask him what he want, he doesn't want anything.

Waitingandhoping2015 Thu 03-Dec-15 11:44:10

Yep he either doesn't want anything, need anything, or he's just bought it himself out of his allowance!

Actually he just texted me suggesting an Ipod Nano 6th Gen (for its size, he prefers it to the most recent one apparently.

Autumnsky Thu 03-Dec-15 12:48:48

It looks like my original plan would be good then. I plan to buy a few small item for him to open on the day, as he has a small brother who is asking lots of things, and then some money for him then.

Stillunexpected Thu 03-Dec-15 15:14:44

Is he doing DofE through school? He might like some stuff for that - rucksack, hiking boots etc? What about toiletries - loads of stuff aimed at teenage boys and not very expensive. If he is sporty, some kit for that sport or a fitbit? A hoodie from somewhere like Superdry (sorry, don't know your budget, this might be more than you want to spend). Is he musical - DS got a ukulele one year and enjoyed that.

myotherusernameisbetter Thu 03-Dec-15 16:55:39

I have 15 year old and 14 year old DSs

Fifteen year old never really has any ideas, 14 year old a wee bit more forthcoming.

15 year old is getting:

New Curved PC screen and a gaming keyboard and mouse/mousemat and I've got him a couple of PC games too.
Some books including Ripleys and some novels
new phone case
Hot fudge set with glass etc.
PJs
Some Scrabble stuff (probably a family gift depending on how the piles look) including a chocolate scrabble set.
Pebble smart Watch
Giant manga poster for his room
New head torch

Stocking with chocolate/sweets/popcorn/crisps & pringles/cans of fizzy juice and few bits such as funky socks, earbud headphones etc.

14 year old:

has mainly asked for some computer games so he will get those
he is also getting a gaming tablet
an extra hard drive for his PC
new keyboard and mouse but cheaper ones than DS1 since his other gifts are more expensive
new phone case
Chocolate fudge Frappe set with glass etc
PJs
Books including GboR and some gaming ones and some non fiction books as that's his preference
A gaming poster
New head torch
PS vita charging cables as he goes through them at a rate of knots

Stocking as above.

Happymummy007 Fri 04-Dec-15 10:38:30

We're giving our nephew, aged 15, some money as he is building his own PC. Not very inventive I know, but always useful as a standby. Are there any authors that he likes - maybe something related to that?

pixelchick10 Sat 19-Dec-15 06:58:30

Don't laugh but when I asked my daughter (16) what to get for her 15 yr old cousin she said he'd like one of those Lynx body spray/ shower gel sets!

ErnesttheBavarian Sat 19-Dec-15 08:23:07

kindle fire, leatherman, ps4 game, maglite, dart board, books, headphones, bouldering stuff

TheSecondOfHerName Sat 19-Dec-15 16:51:20

Karrimor running gear
Good quality earphones

NapoleonsNose Sat 19-Dec-15 17:01:38

16 year old DS here and who is another one who coildn't think of anything. He's not really into gaming, or more serious computy techy stuff. He's got a phone and laptop so doesn't need any of the 'big stuff'. So we've got him some clothes, Game of Thrones DVD box set and a ukelele. He's never expressed an interest in one, but a year or so ago he spent a lot of time teaching himself to play the keyboard via YouTube so I thought this would keep him occupied for a bit. Probably going to get a couple of CDs or iTunes money later on in the week.

Namehanger Sat 19-Dec-15 18:06:00

14yr - blue Exorcist manga books
- iPod adapator to connect to hi-if
- chocolate dipping set
- money

12yr - new gaming headphones
- games for computer
- chocolates
- less money than 14yr

As you can see haven't really engaged with Christmas. Think I need to get them a few stocking fillers.

ShebaQueen Sat 19-Dec-15 18:18:28

For my 14 year old I've bought

Beats headphones
Kindle plus some books on it
Backpack
Onesie
Clothes
Trainers (he chose, not me!)
Superdry aftershave
Phone case
Stocking with socks, chocolates

It's so difficult as he already has so much - phone, tv, xbox, laptop etc.

Autumnsky Mon 21-Dec-15 13:52:52

The trouble is we normaly buy clothes , books and equipment when he need, so he normally don't think these as present.

I have finally gone to Red10, and bought him a box to make solar robots and a flying drone, and will give him some money as well.

Noitsnotteatimeyet Tue 22-Dec-15 08:00:46

I'm amazed at how much you're all getting your boys - we do one big-ish present and a couple of smaller stocking fillers and that's it <feeling mean>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now