Talk

Advanced search

Please Help me pick the right revision guide!

(6 Posts)
momb Wed 02-Dec-15 21:50:58

DD is taking the Pearson EDEXCEL level 1/level2 Mathematics GCSE

The revision guide suggested by her teacher last year (who has since been sacked) is a DVD with problems on: like a higher level Kumon with increasingly difficult problems, rather than being directed to the GCSE.

I want to get her the right guides on amazon but there appear to be foundation and higher level ones in workbooks and guides.

I'm totally confused: does she need foundation and higher or just foundation or just higher? I'm presuming i'll need the guide and the workbook.
Thanks in advance!!

noblegiraffe Wed 02-Dec-15 23:21:56

Is she sitting the foundation or higher paper?

If you don't know that, then what sort of grade is she aiming for? If a D or below then foundation, if a B or above then higher. If she's aiming for a C then you'd need to check with the school which she will be entered for.

IguanaTail Wed 02-Dec-15 23:24:46

I would say that once you have established that, to get your daughter to choose which revision book she likes the look of and which she will put time into revising from.

Separately, how were you privy to personnel information about a member of staff? hmm

VulcanWoman Wed 02-Dec-15 23:43:34

I have a Edexcel higher maths revision guide and revision workbook for sale if you're interested. My son has just done his GCSE's this year. They're £1.50 each plus P&P, both in excellent condition.

cricketballs Thu 03-Dec-15 06:14:57

For any Edexcel spec, the purple Pearson guides/workbooks are the best

momb Thu 03-Dec-15 11:03:05

Thanks all. Higher it is. Other GCSEs don't seem to have two levels for the guides. It completely threw me.
IguanaTail He was marched off school grounds in the middle of the day, so not exactly private personnel information.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now