Talk

Advanced search

Bromsgrove for sixth form

(6 Posts)
greenmile123 Wed 02-Dec-15 16:45:23

Dear all,

If I'm not wrong, one academic year has ~200 students and this is a bit worrying because I'm worried my daughter would not get the support and attention she needs in order for her to do medicine.

Apart from the huge year group, would you guys have comments about their academic support, boarding life, and general school comments?

I really appreciate the help!!
Thanks in advance.

senua Wed 02-Dec-15 19:04:28

Not sure about "huge" year group. It all depends what you think "normal" is.
Our sixth form is only about 120 which meant that they weren't big enough to offer DD one of the subjects she wanted. OTOH, the sixth form college was 700 a year - which I thought was huge.
Bromsgrove are quite hot on their academics these days. Lots of encouragement to get stellar grades.

Dancingdreamer Thu 03-Dec-15 22:57:33

Bromsgove feels a lot smaller due the house system. It is one of the top boarding schools for added value and the facilities are brilliant.

Not sure if you want day or boarding. However, if you want a day school to get you into medicine then look at the King Edward schools either the independent at Edgbaston or the grammars at Five Ways or Camp Hill. Lots of girls going into medicine from these schools.

jadequeen Fri 04-Dec-15 13:11:45

Is Bromsgrove one of the top boarding schools in UK? The result seems doing good only in recent year.

I heard a lot of Chinese in this school. Does anyone know the fact?

Dancingdreamer Fri 04-Dec-15 22:49:24

Bromsgrove is one of the top boarding schools for added value - not absolute results. In other words children achieve better results than they would be predicted to according to their level on entry to the school.

I believe that there are over 50 nationalites in the school so lots of international students. Lots of forces children also but about half are local day pupils. It's a very rich mix of children.

greenmile123 Mon 14-Dec-15 02:46:33

Thanks all for replying me. They were all very helpful, I really appreciate it.

Would anyone perhaps know anything about Christ College, Brecon??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now