Talk

Advanced search

Anyone able to comment on Norwich School?

(9 Posts)
SlingMomma Mon 30-Nov-15 08:49:01

Might be too expensive but still would dearly love to hear anyone's experiences of this school. Thanks in advance!

lljkk Mon 30-Nov-15 19:20:53

Cathedral or is that the name of a school elsewhere in UK?

Hassled Mon 30-Nov-15 19:22:46

I have some friends with DCs there - they all seem very happy with it and are doing well. Beautiful location.

SlingMomma Tue 01-Dec-15 07:38:53

Ahh thank you, Hassled. Anyone else? Have I pout the wrong name? I thought the secondary goes by Norwich School?!!

EdithWeston Tue 01-Dec-15 07:56:57

www.norwich-school.org.uk

This is the one that dominates Google results. And is definitely in Norwich.

(I've heard of it OP, but don't know anyone there, so can't really help with your query. Just posting to say that you haven't got the name wrong, nor is the school obscure!)

Jeelba Tue 01-Dec-15 09:37:49

It's is a large-ish academic school in a beautiful setting in the Cathedral Close and has its assemblies etc in the cathedral. Very good facilities, if a bit constrained by its site. Games fields are a couple of miles north of the city. Excellent A level results and 20+ to Oxbridge last year. Many co-curricular activities. Music is especially good. Very much a day public school feel to it. Busy, motivated children with a perhaps more 'ambitious' and metropolitan outlook than usual for Norfolk... Bright and confident children in particular do well.

lljkk Tue 01-Dec-15 17:44:07

Sorry, having lived in Norfolk a long time, I think of it like the locals do, under the old name maybe, as "The Cathedral school".

It's considered one of the 2 best private schools in Norwich/probably Norfolk, all round high achievers. Has less of a hot-housing and more supportive reputation than its main rival, the NHSfG.

That said, friend with not-very-academic DD at the NS (6th form) was annoyed that her DD got low As levels after seeming to get hugely better results in mocks. Set up for a fall, iyswim.

Oh, and the jumpers are a hideous shade of blue. I suppose that's pretty impressive if it's the worst thing I can find to say about the NS.

SlingMomma Tue 08-Dec-15 07:55:54

Ahh thank you guys, you're so kind filling me in. I must say, it sounds impressive from what you've all put here!!

worriedmother2073 Wed 09-Dec-15 18:07:15

I live in norwich though my children dont go to norwich school they have friends that do. Its an impressive school and does look after the children. But they are strict and work almost too hard and they only let in the smartest so they know they will get the results. and if you're 2 minutes late in morning (no excuses) you get a detention. But they get amazing opportunities especially in music, drama and sport. When they go to sport they do have to go on a bus (not for rounders though) They have there Show gala (end of year show) at norwich theatre royal! Hope that helped

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now