Talk

Advanced search

North London secondary schools

(4 Posts)
phoolani Tue 24-Nov-15 10:10:20

If you lived in north London, had a year 5 dd who was very academic and also very sporty and was adamant she didn't want to go to a girls' school, which schools would you be looking at for her?
I'm considering both state and private, but looking on here to get some private school recommendations (especially given that I've just found out that the state school I was looking at and which is the nearest to us is now doing so well the catchment area is shrinking every year and we might not even be in it next year 😕).
Current faves are Highgate and forest. I think forest would be perfect for her, but the long bus journey puts me off.

desperate2 Tue 24-Nov-15 11:16:58

Mill Hill?

dinkystinky Tue 24-Nov-15 11:23:35

Highgate if academic

Thankgoditsover Wed 25-Nov-15 12:35:05

Bumping because I'm also interested.

Where in North London are you? What are your state options?

We have a footballing daughter and I was surprised to find that Highgate don't do football for girls (cos, right, hockey is such a wonderful game...). Just checked and Forest is the same. Obviously one could argue that hockey is a greater sport, but there are billions on the planet who disagree and it irks me that the boys get to play it while the girls don't, given that both schools are footballing schools with the right facilities.

Interestingly, the only North London/central private school that did seem to play girls' football competitively is City.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now