Talk

Advanced search

School trip to Belgium through France leaving tomorrow?

(9 Posts)
JufusMum Tue 17-Nov-15 14:44:21

DD's (year 9) group are due to travel to Ypres to the Battlefields via France by coach tomorrow. School says it is 100% safe but DD is worried...opinions?

Peregrina Tue 17-Nov-15 16:15:55

You won't go anywhere near Paris.
100% safe? Well, no where is these days, but extremely unlikely to be unsafe, I would think.

BlueBrightFuture Tue 17-Nov-15 17:51:09

I don't think that route goes via any mayor cities or places of interest so can't see it being a problem. Also probably very high security everywhere now so maybe safer to travel tomorrow than in 2 months time. Nowhere is totally safe nowadays but probably safer away from major city centres so think you will be ok.

merlottime Tue 17-Nov-15 17:53:10

Our school cancelled the same trip, booked for early Dec. Without asking parents. I know they want to prioritise safety, but it seems a massive overreaction.

pointythings Tue 17-Nov-15 19:43:17

It'll be fine. Security at the Eurotunnel is tight anyway.
My DDs are both going the first weekend in December, the school are definitely not cancelling.

JufusMum Wed 18-Nov-15 14:52:46

The school cancelled late last night. The head would no authorise the trip.

mimbleandlittlemy Thu 19-Nov-15 10:58:11

Friend's ds was supposed to go off on this trip yesterday and didn't go. They intend to move it to January apparently.

tribpot Thu 19-Nov-15 11:02:43

This looks to be in line with Foreign Office advice.

Floralnomad Thu 19-Nov-15 11:03:25

If I were a HT I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone else's children abroad at the current time , that's not to say that I would not take my own ( going to Disney Paris this weekend) I can totally understand why schools are cancelling .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now