Talk

Advanced search

Crossly Heath Grammar, pupils fromRochdale?

(5 Posts)
Jano1 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:13:24

Hi, can anyone advice me. I am considering Crossley Heath Grammar for my 11 year old. He came 309 in the 11+ exam. What do you think his chances of getting a place might be since we live in Rochdale. About 14 miles from the school.
Also wondering if any other mums on here send their children to this school. How have they found the commute? Are there any school buses? Any chances of sharing school run? Also how easy is it to go over the hills in winter???
Really confused. All advise will be appreciated?

SplatterMustard Sun 01-Nov-15 10:24:09

I think you'd struggle to get a place, there are 150 places and they are in high demand from local applicants.

pixZie78 Sun 01-Nov-15 22:48:21

Crossley Heath (like both Halifax grammar schools) is selective solely on merit, so there's no catchment and it doesn't matter where you live. It's just whether you're prepared for the impact of the journey. Last year I believe the selection went to about 330, so based on that your ds would get a place.

SplatterMustard Mon 02-Nov-15 07:12:49

If he came at 309 then he'd surely get a place at one of the two grammar schools but whether it was CH or NH would depend on how many above him wanted CH?
They take around 150 each don't they?

pixZie78 Mon 02-Nov-15 07:46:00

CH now admit 180 pupils - NH about 150. He'd definitely get a place at one of the schools I would think. I don't think CH run school buses (?) - the school will be able to give you this information though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now