Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wilmington grammar school for girls or townley grammar school for girls?

(6 Posts)
Favour2 Tue 27-Oct-15 21:55:28

Don't know which school to choose! My Dd passed both the Kent and bexley 11+ exams and we are running out of time in filling up the schools we want simply because I keep hearing different stories concerning these two schools. Can someone please tell me which is the better school for a hard working girl who loves to read and is competitive in everything she does? I'm also concerned about the behaviour of the children as well as the academic perspective. We've been to both schools and they are both so different but have good qualities about them.

PettsWoodParadise Tue 27-Oct-15 23:27:13

I personally prefer Townley as it is larger, has a wider curriculum, more diverse, great Head, lots to Oxbridge, girls we met at open day all seemed very individual and not identikit. Wilmington is smaller, for us the opposite of Townley and not quite what we were looking for so it depends on what suits your DD best.

dobedo Wed 28-Oct-15 19:50:31

Not too long ago i went to Wilmington to look at changing for 6th form. One of my main subjects was music and when we walked in the music room on the board the teacher had spelt 'rhythm' wrong. I was instantly put off and didnt go there.

I would go for townley as i dont think wilmington is as good as it was.

Favour2 Wed 28-Oct-15 20:18:01

Thanks a lot for your replies, I also liked townley better than Wilmington but I was worried about their behaviour although their performance is excellent. My Dd isn't medium or tall and my concern is that she might get bullied because of that. The children in Wilmington were more friendly though I wasn't impressed by the facilities in the school. Hmmm ????

Favour2 Wed 28-Oct-15 20:18:57

??????

Favour2 Wed 28-Oct-15 20:23:10

Sorry for that. BBS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now