Talk

Advanced search

Henrietta Barnet School or Watford Grammar School

(4 Posts)
ruchi123 Tue 27-Oct-15 09:08:23

Dear mums,
Please help as I am very confused about what to put as my first choice on CAF. DD got a very good score for Watford Grammar for girls and has also cleared the first round of HBS. Now the dilemma is what to choose as first. DD is not very sporty, but keen on music and we live in Pinner. If we chose HBS first then i do have a concern of how will she manage late evenings for after school activities if any? I have heard very good things about both schools so some views from people who go there would be great.
Many thanks
Ruchi

Moominmammacat Tue 27-Oct-15 14:50:34

Go for the easy journey! They are both good.

ruchi123 Tue 27-Oct-15 17:29:58

Thanks

FiveHoursSleep Tue 27-Oct-15 22:28:41

Your daughter will do equally well in either school. My DDs go to Watford, so I can comment from that POV.
If you live in Pinner, the journey to HBS is much longer than the one to WGGS. And there are a load of girls going from Pinner to Watford, she is will be able to get public transport with her school friends around her.
If your DD gets sick, or has an orthodontist appointment, or needs picking up from school for some reason, it's a 20 minute drive to WGGS. I drove to HB once to see what it was like and it was at least twice that.
I have one all-rounder DD and one who is truly useless at sport, they are both academic and do loads of music. They are both doing well and are happy and what more can you ask?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now