Talk

Advanced search

Lawrence Sheriff ( state grammar) vs Southam College (comp)

(7 Posts)
Jojay Wed 21-Oct-15 21:31:44

Anyone got any views? Both are outstanding schools, and we're fortunate to be in the catchment area for both.

DS is in Y4 and the tutoring for 11+ seems to start so early!

Just wondering whether we should get ourselves on that treadmill or not.

All opinions welcome smile

Jojay Thu 22-Oct-15 20:29:22

Bump

Electrolux2 Thu 22-Oct-15 20:31:53

I don't know either school sorry
But year 4 is too early for tutoring imo

chelsbells Thu 22-Oct-15 20:32:50

Southam college has come on leaps and bounds in recent years, I believe it's Outstanding now? ... Having known people schooled from both, I'd choose Southam... Seem to be better rounded people, I've not always heard great things about Lawrence Sheriff..

Jojay Thu 22-Oct-15 20:40:22

Not planning in starting tutoring yet, definitely not! But some people seem to be putting names on waiting lists etc.

What bad things gave you heard about Lawrence Sheriff?

Jojay Thu 22-Oct-15 20:41:05

*have - chelsbells

chelsbells Thu 22-Oct-15 21:34:43

Don't want to offend anyone who reads this thread and has a child there...

Lots of them seem to come out thinking they are gods gift, no respect for others at the end because they seem to have this drilled into them that they are above and beyond others...

Just tended to come across some of the lads that seem quite arrogant, but it's a sweeping statement because I'm sure there are some lovely boys in there.

Where will most of your DS's friends go to? But to be honest, so much could change between both of them by the time your DS goes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now