Talk

Advanced search

Backpack recommendations

(8 Posts)
var123 Wed 21-Oct-15 18:33:07

6 weeks into his first term at secondary and DS needs a replacement backpack. The one I bought in the summer just wasn't big enough for all the stuff he has to carry. (It was 15 litres).

Can anyone recommend a strong, medium sized backpack that has a chance of lasting until July?

AnyoneButAndre Wed 21-Oct-15 18:39:38

This is good. Dull, and so large that DD complains about it snagging her tights, but large, back friendly and robust.

Helenluvsrob Wed 21-Oct-15 19:42:06

The jeep ones from tkmaaxx are good

var123 Wed 21-Oct-15 22:16:23

Thanks, I will have a look at those.

moosemama Thu 22-Oct-15 13:57:30

Ds has the Backcare one Anyone linked to. I was worried, because someone on here said they'd had to return two, but ds' has been great so far (started Y7 this September).

I particularly wanted one that would be good for his back, because he has joint problems and so far he's had no back pain at all. He also had to have a bag that was plain black with no apparent logo, so it was good in that respect too. Plenty of room for all his books, including an A4 folder, in the back section and space for a snack, pens, pencils and other bits in the front section, plus he has his water bottle in one of the neoprene side pockets and his umbrella in the other. He's very happy with it.

It's much cheaper on Amazon though. (Ds has the large one.)

LilyBolero Fri 23-Oct-15 10:10:43

Slazenger from Sports Direct. Much better than the Karrimor bags the kids started with.

Sgtmajormummy Fri 23-Oct-15 10:33:45

Eastpack are very well stitched and can hold an A4 binder plus books in descending order. DS has one in its 5th year and the only thing looking shabby is the inside of the right strap where he grabs it to "saddle up".

They have different designs every year, so one will be cool right now and others will be deeply naff, but his is just a general khaki colour.

Lurkedforever1 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:41:09

If you don't mind the £45 price tag North face do a great one. Big but not stupidly long, with all the proper qualities of a proper hiking bag. Can't remember the exact name but jd sports and sports direct stock it. A good few of the older kids have had them for years at Dds. Hers is an ok £20 small hiking/sports bag, but when it dies I think it will be more economical to invest in the north face one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now