Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need to find another school bag for Y7 girl

(16 Posts)
allwornout0 Mon 19-Oct-15 08:47:43

Half a term into Y7 and we have found that my dd rucksack is not suitable for the amount that has to go in it.
Does anybody have any recommendations for a rucksack suitable for a Y7 girl that fits the following criteria pls?

Waterproof
Decent straps (current one has thin straps and are doing her shoulders no favours)
Big enough to stuff in school exercise books (A4 size), lunch box, pac a mac

Thanks everybody

Groovee Mon 19-Oct-15 08:54:25

I got a bag in the Nike outlet near us for my son and the range had a mix of colour.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 19-Oct-15 08:56:44

DD has an animal one that fits those criteria. Nice padded straps that don't bite into your shoulders too.

earlyriser Mon 19-Oct-15 08:56:45

I usually buy mine from surfdome, they have a huge range and will say if they can fit an A4 folder.

allwornout0 Mon 19-Oct-15 09:54:12

Thanks all, will show dd when she gets home

jeee Mon 19-Oct-15 14:05:30

Superdry rucksacks are a good size, and stand up to a considerable amount of abuse.

My eldest had a Jack Wills rucksack which is now collapsing after nearly three years - a pretty good life span considering she regularly transports the kitchen sink and a couple of stray elephants in it.

Vernonon Mon 19-Oct-15 15:48:32

DD has a Mi rucksack from Amazon - they are sturdy, and there are lots of different designs to choose from. Like this:

www.amazon.co.uk/Mi-Pac-740101-011-Nordic-Rucksack/dp/B007XXOHWE/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1445266082&sr=8-8&keywords=mi+bag

Obs2015 Mon 19-Oct-15 17:29:28

Ds1's has given up the ghost after only a few weeks. Seams came unpicked and straps came away. Not impressed.
Watching this to find him a new one.

allwornout0 Mon 19-Oct-15 18:30:47

DD has had a look online and likes the look of the 'Animal' one (Blue spotty Discover 23L)
LoneCatWithKitten, how waterproof do you find their bags and do they seem well made?

ragged Mon 19-Oct-15 18:49:52

How waterproof do they need to be?
DC have canvas ones which are fine, but we live in Eastern England & DC only have 10-12 minute walk to the bus.

earlyriser Mon 19-Oct-15 19:21:24

I have an animal one which had a waxy coating which was pretty waterproof. Other alternative is to line the rucksack with a carrier bag.

Twowrongsdontmakearight Mon 19-Oct-15 19:24:31

DD now has a Kipling one. It was expensive but it's very lightweight (before the books go in!). It is spacious and has lots of compartments. DS has a Superdry and had had it 3 years. It's grubby but still alive.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 19-Oct-15 19:28:35

DD has a Roxy one like this but a different colour.

It is very comfortable to carry as the straps are well shaped and wide, and it easily holds vast amounts of stuff in several sections. We haven't had any problems with waterproofing yet - but it hasn't been tested that hard yet.

PrincessHairyMclary Mon 19-Oct-15 19:29:51

Most rucksacks are canvas.
You could just buy a waterproofing spray and give it a good coat, should work a treat.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Mon 19-Oct-15 19:33:12

DD has a hype backpack. Thick straps, ideal.for school and lots of designs.

allwornout0 Mon 19-Oct-15 20:04:39

She has a Miss Melody one at the moment which is canvas, I used waterproofing spray on it but it still got very wet after being caught in the rain waiting at the bus stop.

I suppose I just don't want to risk her school books getting wet if she is caught in a downpour but a carrier bag inside might be a good idea if the weather is due to be very bad. I also don't want to have to keep drying off a bag on the radiator like I have had to with her current bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now