Talk

Advanced search

Lawrence Sheriff/Ashlawn Schools, Rugby

(1 Post)
BellsaRinging Sat 17-Oct-15 19:20:56

Wise Mumsnetters, I am hoping for some advice on the above. Unexpectedly ds has got a mark in the 11+ which means that he might get into one of the above. If we applied then he would be very much on the borderline, and a number of variables mean that he might not get in anyway.
Do any of you have experience of the above schools? It's a bit of an unknown for us, having pretty much settled on a school on the basis ds wouldn't 'pass'! I have to bear in mind that if he did go then he would be at the lower end of the ability, and I am unsure what effect that would have on him.
He is a happy, sociable boy, likes sports, science and english. Not as good at maths. Also is dyslexic, so would need support there. He also has a tendency to be easily distracted and needs strong discipline.
Any views would be appreciated-I would like to know the good and bad. Part of me just says go for it, however, our alternative is good too, and perhaps better suited for ds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now