Talk

Advanced search

Just started Y7 Chis & Sid and getting lost

(8 Posts)
StickyFloor Mon 07-Sep-15 18:53:38

DS only on his second day and in tears after getting lost and shouted at for being late. They haven't been given a map nor have guides between lessons, it sounds a bit chaotic. I don't know what to do, if it was primary I would speak to teacher but now I am removed. Apart from sticking with classmates so at least he can be lost with others (!) I don't know what to advise.

Charis1 Mon 07-Sep-15 18:55:36

maybe he should go into school a bit early, and check he knows the routes he will need throughout the day?

IguanaTail Mon 07-Sep-15 22:24:01

That's harsh being in trouble for being late when he's new. Tell him not to worry - does he have a map? He is presumably with his class and can go around with them?

BackforGood Mon 07-Sep-15 23:39:25

What does Chis & Sid mean ?

HarrietVane99 Mon 07-Sep-15 23:45:54

Chislehurst and Sidcup. At least, that's what it means to me. I attended one of their rivals.

BackforGood Mon 07-Sep-15 23:52:41

Thanks Harriet - is that a specific school then ?

fleurdelacourt Tue 08-Sep-15 10:01:01

think this is quite standard at the start of secondary school? can he not try and stick with someone from his class so that they can help each other?

am sure by next week he'll be fine?

(PS well done on chis and sid to your ds - must be a clever boy)

ifonly4 Tue 08-Sep-15 10:15:02

We can phone the school and they'll give out school email addresses for all members of staff, so you could phone and ask for the school email for the Head of Year or registration tutor and ask if they have a map they could issue to him. Our Head of Year is fantastic and will do anything to help - not sure if they're all like that though.

My DD's school gave them 2-3 weeks to settle in and made allowances if they were late. Tell your son not to be afraid to ask older ones in the corridors - my DD had to ask three times and they all took her to the classroom and were really nice to her. However, another school locally threatened their pupils with detention in the first week if they were late. I found my DD's school certainly laid down their expectations in the first few weeks and seemed to be stricter then that they are now - I guess once they get to know them, they know whether something is a one off and to give them leeway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now