Talk

Advanced search

2015 GCSE Remarks - Any results back yet?

(142 Posts)
sunshineandsand1 Mon 07-Sep-15 09:31:47

Hi. I'm just interested to know if anyone has received any remarks back yet and if so, how long they took and what the outcome was? My DS has a AQA English Language in for remark and it is like waiting for the GSCE results all over again!!

getoffthattabletnow Mon 07-Sep-15 09:41:47

Dd's took about a week.3 marks up in Eng. Lang. and 7 marks up in Business Studies.Neither sufficient to change the grade sadly.She was 2 marks off an A* in English and is a mite cross.Neither matter though because she's doing Sciences and Maths for A level.

sunshineandsand1 Mon 07-Sep-15 09:47:57

Thank you for the reply. Sorry to hear that her grades didn't move. My DS is also taking Maths and Sciences for A Level, it would just be nice to secure the A* for English Language (which is what he got in his mocks!).

Idefix Wed 09-Sep-15 06:47:42

We have been told the remarks should be back by the second week of October.
Was told by the school if they are more than 4 marks from a grade boundary that it is rarely worth opting for a remark iyswim. Ds is waiting for English and geography. Ds is one mark off a c in English and in the geography he sat for papers which were graded a, c, c and d. Both papers the school is opting to send for remark so haven't had to pay.

Good luck op will have my fingers crossed for ds.

sunshineandsand1 Wed 09-Sep-15 08:11:00

Hi Idefix. Our remark is now back and only took 6 days which included a weekend. Frustratingly DS now has an A* for the exam but not enough for the overall mark to be an A*. Oh well we tried! Good luck to your DS, hopefully your remarks will come back sooner than you think.

HereIAm20 Wed 09-Sep-15 17:44:45

Dss school got all AS level Biology remarked. All got a D initially- all still have a D (dss predicted A). The school still unwilling to accept something must be wrong at their end. Even the coursework that they had moderated beforehand was given D!!

Idefix Wed 09-Sep-15 18:02:10

We had an email yesterday to ask for consent to remark. We are also based outside of the UK so this may have an impact on the timing. Ds will have started the resit course before they come back.

Sorry to hear the mark didn't move enough not feeling that hopeful regarding ds remarks but will have everything crossed.

titchy Wed 09-Sep-15 18:28:31

Not strictly a remark, but an admin error meant one of dd's exams was awarded 0 giving her an overall E. Now marked and has an A! grin

Kez100 Wed 09-Sep-15 18:30:24

Titchy - she shouldn't just get the remark money back she should get compensation!!!

Leeds2 Wed 09-Sep-15 18:44:45

Well Done, titchy's DD. Did she find out because of a remark, or a random admin check? She must have been very pleased!

titchy Wed 09-Sep-15 20:04:13

Oh we didn't pay for it! It was flagged she'd been entered incorrectly a while ago tbh, but the exam board said they couldn't do anything till all the scripts were back. As her CA and other exams were an A I was expecting this to be an A so not a huge surprise, but a massive relief it's sorted!
(The missing exam was actually a high B, but still an A overall - phew!)

sunshineandsand1 Wed 09-Sep-15 20:20:07

Well done Tichy. That must be a relief. Good luck to everyone else that is still waiting..........

thunderbird69 Thu 10-Sep-15 13:01:59

Can I ask - how do you receive the outcome of the re-mark, does the school just call you?

Majaso12 Thu 10-Sep-15 15:25:02

No luck with remarks! German and biology stayed the same, psychology went up 1 mark but needed 2 for an A, English literature went down 8 marks but luckily stayed at A. Waiting for CIE igcse English language, needs 2 for grade increase, if he loses 9 will go down a grade. Very worried after the English literature.

titchy Thu 10-Sep-15 15:39:10

If questions happen to be a little harder one year, then using raw marks would mean that students unfortunate enough to take the slightly harder exam would get lower grades if raw marks were used.

Adjusting the raw mark to take into account the relative difficulties of the particular exam smoothed out such difficulties, and ensures that an A one year is of the same standard as an A the following year.

titchy Thu 10-Sep-15 15:39:41

Oops wrong thread!

sunshineandsand1 Thu 10-Sep-15 16:35:16

Hi Thunderbird. The exam board (AQA) issued a remark certificate which shows the mark movement and the overall grade. This was emailed by school to my son's school email account. Good luck!

Ginandtonictime Thu 10-Sep-15 16:55:13

Had biology, english lit and lang remarked: no change of grades at all sad

ONE ums point from an A grade for Eng lit ... so close ... agony ...

wormshuffled Thu 10-Sep-15 16:59:51

We have had maths back 1 off a* which has stayed the same.
English literature, overall an A , predicted high a* 1 , paper marked as a low b. Not had back yet.

thunderbird69 Fri 11-Sep-15 10:16:59

Finally put requests in for DS, but not feeling confident of any changes seeing the comments on here!
It was a bit pricey, but felt it was worth it to remove any 'what if' doubts.

YOTYGO as they say (you only take your GCSEs once)

wormshuffled Fri 11-Sep-15 10:18:15

English literature now back, delighted to say its gone up 15 marks!!!! 15!!! How can it have been judged so wrong in the first place??? Now a*

thunderbird69 Fri 11-Sep-15 10:38:20

Fantastic news Wormshuffled!!

wormshuffled Fri 11-Sep-15 11:16:01

You were asking up thread now you are notified thunderbird69 , in DDs case she was notified by school email , I was notified by 12 missed calls!!

GloriaHotcakes Mon 14-Sep-15 20:24:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thunderbird69 Tue 15-Sep-15 09:25:10

good news on the AS remark smile

How long have you been waiting for the science one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now