Talk

Advanced search

School shirts age 16+

(8 Posts)
papalazaru Sat 22-Aug-15 11:52:57

I've just forced DS to try on all his shirts and they're waaaay too small. I am not friends with the iron so what's the consensus out there for shirts which come in sizes 16y + and will happily come out of the dryer with just a bit of smoothing out?

TeenAndTween Sat 22-Aug-15 12:09:47

Can you buy poly-cotton men's workshirts?

TeenAndTween Sat 22-Aug-15 12:10:09

(and teach DS to iron his own shirts?)

Runningtokeepstill Sat 22-Aug-15 17:12:17

DS 2 was 6'2 at aged 15. I went on eBay and found companies selling M&S men's shirts at discount prices. Presumably seconds but they were fine. Didn't iron them if using the tumble dryer, which was most of the time as it was the school's winter uniform. They had polo shirts in summer.

He's about the same size now (about to turn 19) and still has a couple of the shirts, although he only uses them for events like weddings and other formal occasions.

bigTillyMint Sat 22-Aug-15 17:16:35

My DS has some from M&S that are age 16 that fit him fine and also some that I think were 16" collar but he says are too big. As he's only 14, he may yet grow into them! They were all in the school uniform dept IIRC.

Oh and we don't iron anything school shirtssmile

LargeGoldAtrociousCunt Sat 22-Aug-15 17:21:04

Asda smile

SquirrelledAway Sun 23-Aug-15 07:53:57

John Lewis non-iron.

LadyPenelope68 Sat 05-Sep-15 11:33:19

Asda mens shirts, cheap and cheerful and don't need ironing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now