Talk

Advanced search

Chemistry Tutor for A level and AS resits

(6 Posts)
SOCTCB Sat 15-Aug-15 21:50:08

Does anyone know of a good Chemistry tutor for A level private tuition in Oxted / Caterham area in Surrey. I am really struggling to find someone.

gordonpym Sun 16-Aug-15 01:56:19

Sorry, I can't help with the tutor, but I can help you with the best free online chemistry courses . This is the first EdX and this is the Second Khan

Needmoresleep Sun 16-Aug-15 02:42:03

Worth considering what the problem might be: poor teaching; struggling to understand; not working hard enough; exam technique. Dyslexic DD has a problem with the last and a history of misreading questions and underperformance in exams. We have been very happy with Justin Craig revision courses as she gains far more from a classroom setting, focusing on exam technique than she would on her own reading the material. But if it is a problem of poor comprehension/teaching you might want a different approach.

Clavinova Sun 16-Aug-15 11:35:56

Based in Guildford but SIL recommends Kevin at www.theexamformula.co.uk - he might come to you or Skype.

SOCTCB Sun 16-Aug-15 12:30:22

thank you she definitely has dyslexia and dyspraxia but very bright. Thank you for the suggestion but definitely find she learns better with 1 - 1

SOCTCB Sun 16-Aug-15 12:32:23

thank you she definitely has dyslexia and dyspraxia but very bright. Thank you for the suggestion but definitely find she learns better with 1 - 1. We have done Justine Craig but want something in addition to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now