Talk

Advanced search

Any other schools not letting DC drop Art or Theatre Studies after AS?

(5 Posts)
13months Fri 14-Aug-15 20:40:15

In a bit of a pickle DS says that for these 2 subjects he had to commit to the 2 years ..... can the school hold him to this. Not sure what the reason is for Art - but he says that as there were only 4 of them doing AS Theatre Studies - they have to keep on for A2 as there would not be enough students to doa production - which is part of the course..?

Leeds2 Fri 14-Aug-15 21:04:46

My DD doesn't do either of these subjects. But i do know that several of her friends are dropping Art after AS.

Leeds2 Fri 14-Aug-15 21:06:18

I think, going from their website, that there were 19 who took it at AS. That might make a difference.

LeBearPolar Fri 14-Aug-15 21:30:23

I can see the rationale for Theatre Studies: for both AS and A2 they have to do a practical assessment which is a production - it would be difficult to address all the assessment objectives, I imagine, with only one or two students.

I can't understand the rationale for Art, though.

FuzzyWizard Fri 14-Aug-15 21:59:17

I'm not sure about Art but theatre studies will be to do with the fact that 4 is the minimum number for the course to run. If one drops then nobody else will be able to do it at A2. I would think very carefully before committing to the two years as it is a real commitment and you can't just back out at the end of AS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now