Talk

Advanced search

A2 level results not great but will plod on.

(8 Posts)
Kanumoov Thu 13-Aug-15 11:01:34

Just a thought for those who may wish to chat. CDD here so disappointed but plodding on. How is everyone else?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 13-Aug-15 11:06:15

whats the next step for your dd/DS OP?

My DS just got his AS results, 2xA and 2xD which we are very happy with. He wil need ABB or BBB next year in his A2's for what he wants to study at uni.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 13-Aug-15 11:09:07

.....but we will see if he achieves it. I think a Plan B needs to be in place, just in case. He's not the hardest of workers, and does need to work to get the grades, he's not a natural scholar.

Heels99 Thu 13-Aug-15 11:15:10

A levels aren't for everyone unfortunately many young people are encouraged down that path now who may be better off persuing other options. In the 70s and 80s only 10% of young people did a levels now everyone is encouraged to do them and it is just not the right option for the less academic ones. It seems a waste of talent not to support them in other routes!
Op many people flunk their a levels and do fine in life, good luck to you and your family.

Kanumoov Thu 13-Aug-15 11:21:37

Trying for uni place even though I've said from last year to consider the other options out there.

Heels99 Thu 13-Aug-15 11:22:24

What does your child want to study?

Kanumoov Thu 13-Aug-15 12:52:06

Social sciences

Heels99 Fri 14-Aug-15 13:15:26

I would rethink, a social sciences degree from the type of uni that will,accept those grades isn't worth £27k of fees plus loans and all other debts, the return on investment is risky. I would have a look at other routes to the job he wants.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now