Talk

Advanced search

What girls bags are "In"

(13 Posts)
worriedmother7787 Sat 08-Aug-15 01:20:33

So DD is transferring to a different school into year 10 at her last school they had a compulsory school bag (Strict grammar up north) so to avoid teasing. But is now going to state in norfolk for render of education. And is one very worried about fitting in and is asking me what school bag she thinks and is worried as she has no friends down here (no one to ask). I know people say get a cheap one and then see what she wants then. But i suggested that and she says shell get teased if she just goes in with plane one!
So what fashions are in messenger or back pack (She does have to walk a considerable distance) its bad enough for a year 7 but year 10!
Any other tips on in year transfer

mummytime Sat 08-Aug-15 07:43:58

The problem is that it really does vary from school to school and even within school. The youngest has something like this, the older has one like this.

She is probably projecting all her fears onto this one issue. Can she meet anyone from the school?
Do they start full time from the first day? My DCs school has a half day to get timetables etc. and this could be a good opportunity to check out bags etc.

worriedmother7787 Sat 08-Aug-15 14:42:37

mummy time my DD was thinking of one pretty much the same as the one like you're younger DD has (But different pattern!) But i looked at it and thought it wasn't big enough to fit books

Ivegottoknow Sat 08-Aug-15 14:52:21

In my dd's school the girls seem to have a big rucksack. We were looking at the Roxy website this morning and they have a huge range.

I was going to say the spotty satchels are on their way out now as they have been popular for a few years. She had one but doesn't use it any more.

Waitingfordolly Sat 08-Aug-15 14:56:56

Hype backpacks at my DD's school

LittleFriendSusan Sat 08-Aug-15 15:04:58

DD and most of her friends have Hype backpacks for this year (Y8). Vans, Mi-pac and Ratchet backpacks also popular. Also Superdry messenger type bags... Sports holdalls or the canvas type Jack Wills etc bags for PE kit.

I know some of the older girls have Ted Baker shopper type things...

Surfdome website worth looking at for Roxy, Vans etc.

Binit Sat 08-Aug-15 15:06:12

Next time you want to ask a question like this, you could namechange just for that one thread so you can name the school and ask specific questions without being outed.

Heifer Sat 08-Aug-15 18:30:12

Mi-Pac very popular in DDs school. Which suits men as I wanted her to have a backpack as she has a 30 mins walk to school.

worriedmother7787 Sun 09-Aug-15 00:41:55

What do u mean Binit

SavoyCabbage Sun 09-Aug-15 03:09:35

She means change your user name for a one off thread.

Then post

'Box Hill North Secondary school, Ipswich-does anyone know what school bags are popular?'

Then if anyone goes there they can tell you. But they won't be able to identify you as you will have name changed.

worriedmother7787 Sun 09-Aug-15 03:29:02

Ahh thanks for the clear up there Savoycabbage! I will say the school know to be fare its not like anyone knows me personally! Its Sprowston Community High school in norwich if anyones reading and wants to know

worriedmother7787 Sun 09-Aug-15 03:40:09

She's thinking of this one:
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miss-Lulu-Oilcloth-Satchel-Butterfly/dp/B00PASM3DO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8)
Not to sure in what colour though

worriedmother7787 Sun 09-Aug-15 03:41:22

The bag she's thinking of is the flower one not butterfly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now