Talk

Advanced search

Sarum Academy Salisbury , still not advised?

(9 Posts)
Goshthatsspicy Fri 07-Aug-15 15:34:24

As in the title really smile
I have tried checking here, I cant find anything past 2013 -has it improved?
I've looked at the Ofsted, it appears not that great?
My children attend an 'outstanding'at the moment and it is far from perfect ;)

Goshthatsspicy Sat 08-Aug-15 10:58:23

Anyone please?

utahforever Sat 08-Aug-15 18:15:41

Unfortunately I can only go on what I heard when I was looking and it wasn't good.....we didn't even go and have a look.

The website looks nice and shiny though, it might be worth a look to see what you think about it. We looked around a wide area and did find one that we knew was the right school when we visited. Good luck smile

Goshthatsspicy Sat 08-Aug-15 20:24:58

Thank you utah smile

feckitall Sat 08-Aug-15 20:42:11

A friends DS is going Sept and is looking forward to it. His parents both went there. (When it was Westwood St. Thomas. )I moved away so am not sure how it fares these days. To be honest it always suffered as being on 'the wrong side of town' academically. The grammars on the other side of town effect but some kids have done well in the past. I went there in the 80s. I did ok but got lost in the background and my reports started out as 'Feckit is very able' dropping to average by the age of 16. I think this was lack of support and little motivation though. It was a much bigger school in those days I believe. It had a 'reputation' even then.
Salisbury was an odd place academically...don't know if it still holds true..

Goshthatsspicy Sat 08-Aug-15 20:59:50

feck that is interesting. Thank you very much for sharing your experience. smile

utahforever Sat 08-Aug-15 23:24:45

Salisbury is still an odd place academically for secondary places....especially for boys. We found that we had to choose very carefully and looked at a very wide area including going over the border into Hampshire.

Goshthatsspicy Sun 09-Aug-15 09:40:43

I've been investigating a bit more. I don't think we will move there, it us just too precarious. I wish it was an easier ride for parents in that area. It looks a scary ride if you don't go down the grammar route. Thanks for the help everyone. smile

MaryBerrysEyelashes Mon 10-Aug-15 20:02:10

oh god I would NOT NOT NOT go there.Dm me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now