Talk

Advanced search

PE bag for Y7 girl

(17 Posts)
LL12 Sun 02-Aug-15 17:17:32

I need to get a sports (pe)bag for my dd about to start Y7.
I have no idea what kind of bag most Y7 girls use, it needs to hold trainers, football boots, top, shorts, trousers and hoody.
TIA

TeenAndTween Sun 02-Aug-15 17:48:43

Will it be mainly in a locker, or carried in/round/out of school on PE days?

DD1 just had a red drawstring bag just big enough to take everything. She kept it at school and used the kit as little as possible!

Whatever you get, take all the stuff with you and make sure it fits before you buy!

LL12 Sun 02-Aug-15 18:13:26

Thanks Teen She will have a locker but to be honest I don't know if she will keep it in there or as you say, just take it in on PE days.
I just don't want her to get picked on for having 'wrong' type of bag.

Happy36 Sun 02-Aug-15 23:50:11

This type of bag is popular. The Jack Wills ones are really expensive, see if you can find a similar shape in pretty colours / fashionable design from another store.

Happy36 Sun 02-Aug-15 23:53:13

Also this style is popular (i.e. canvas tote). You can probably pick up one of these relatively cheaply (not the Hollister one) in a pretty colour, and then, if it turns out your daughter wants something else more specific / expensive once she sees what everyone else has, you can probably re-use this type of bag somewhere at home.

This style of bag will also go in the washing machine and dryer (or air dry over night).

Put at couple of polythene bags inside for things that get wet, smelly or muddy, especially trainers or football boots.

AtiaoftheJulii Sun 02-Aug-15 23:53:15

Mine have always used drawstring bags. She won't need everything at once, I'd imagine, so they've always been big enough.

Happy36 Sun 02-Aug-15 23:55:24

At our school students tend just to bring the P.E. bag on P.E. lesson days (double lesson once a week). They do have lockers but only a smallish P.E. bag will fit (and with careful arrangement of the whole contents!) Most of the kit needs washing after each wear and they might need their trainers at home for other sports or activities.

LL12 Mon 03-Aug-15 09:02:59

Thanks everyone, i'll get her to have a look and decide what type she wants to go for from your suggestions.

tippytappywriter Mon 03-Aug-15 20:13:05

Planning to send daughter with drawstring bag she had at primary. Also sending her with backpack from primary and said she can see what others have and how much she needs to carry...and then choose a new one a few weeks in.

enderwoman Mon 03-Aug-15 20:21:25

Mine went to Sports Direct and picked a drawstring bag in a colour scheme that she liked.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Mon 03-Aug-15 20:25:22

DD has a converse bag (next) its a small backpack, but big enough for PE kit. Ive seen all those mentioned above, but not drawstring ones.

TobikkoRoll Mon 03-Aug-15 21:20:45

Mine have a locker but carry loads of pe stuff, using a <£10 sports bag from Decathlon. It has a long shoulder strap and short handles too (so it can be carried along with her usual rucksack).

Davros Tue 04-Aug-15 09:46:17

My dd uses an idea nylon hold-all type bag and takes it on sports days. She says lots of them use Longcgamp bags although I'm not sure this is true!!!!

Davros Tue 04-Aug-15 09:46:53

Ikea obv

Heifer Tue 04-Aug-15 09:56:48

Another one planning to get my DD (also going into yr 7) a drawstring bag for PE. She will be doing PE every day I imagine (lots of lunch/afterschool clubs).

She will have a Mi-Pac (back pack) as her main school bag so the drawstring bag can just be carried over the top when she is walking to school.

She will have a locker but apparently pretty small so I didn't want to get a bag that took up too much space.

All her bags have to be black which tbh makes it easier to pick.

Takver Tue 04-Aug-15 09:59:13

I'd suggest asking someone with dc at the school. DD uses any of the various freeby drawstring bags they get given at events - that or a carrier bag seems to be the norm at her school.

Tigerblue Thu 06-Aug-15 11:15:21

Mine has a draw string red (colour chosen by her) bag as well - it has a small pocket on the front which is handy for hairbands, gum guard etc. Got it off Amazon for approx. £3 three years ago and it still has life in it. Lockers are tiny at their school and they have to share, so anything bigger wouldn't fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now